PhD Program Acceptance: When to Follow Up on Campus Visit Arrangements?

• Thread starter member 428835
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Acceptance
In summary, the individual has been accepted into a PhD program and accepted the offer. They were asked to email an office coordinator to arrange a campus visit, but have not received a response yet. They are wondering how long they should wait before calling. The conversation suggests waiting a week or two, as the weekend could have delayed the response. The individual emailed on a Friday, so they should take into account the weekend before expecting a response.
member 428835
Hi PF!

I just got accepted to a PhD program and formally accepted the offer a few days ago. Alongside the formal acceptance, I was requested to email an office coordinator for that department so they could arrange air fare for me to visit the campus. I emailed that individual a few days ago, but have had no response yet. How long should I wait for an email response before I should call?

Thanks

Josh

Physics news on Phys.org
A week, maybe two. Certainly more than a few days.

Thanks for the response Vanadium. I should say the weekend I visit is March 4th and 5th (they sent me that before I accepted the offer). Do you still think I should wait a few weeks?

That would push it more towards the week, and not two.

Likes member 428835
joshmccraney said:
I emailed that individual a few days ago

That "few days" includes this past weekend, right? Imagine Monday morning in a typical university bureaucracy. :oldwink:

Likes member 428835
jtbell said:
That "few days" includes this past weekend, right? Imagine Monday morning in a typical university bureaucracy. :oldwink:
Hahahaha when you put it like that, I suppose it does. I emailed on Friday, so yes, that's a good point. Thank you both for your advice!

1. What is "Follow Up with Acceptance"?

Follow Up with Acceptance is a term used in scientific research to describe the process of continuing to monitor and gather data after a study has been accepted for publication. This follow-up is important for validating the results of the study and ensuring its reproducibility.

2. Why is "Follow Up with Acceptance" necessary?

Follow Up with Acceptance is necessary to ensure the validity and reproducibility of scientific research. It allows for any potential errors or biases to be identified and corrected, and also provides an opportunity for further analysis and interpretation of the data.

3. How long should the "Follow Up with Acceptance" period be?

The length of the Follow Up with Acceptance period can vary depending on the type of research and the complexity of the study. It is generally recommended to continue follow-up for at least a few months after publication to allow for any potential challenges or discrepancies to be identified.

4. Who is responsible for "Follow Up with Acceptance"?

The responsibility for Follow Up with Acceptance typically falls on the researchers who conducted the study and the journal or institution that published it. However, other scientists in the same field may also be involved in replicating and validating the results.

5. What are the benefits of "Follow Up with Acceptance"?

Follow Up with Acceptance allows for the validation and reproducibility of scientific research, which is essential for building upon previous studies and advancing scientific knowledge. It also provides an opportunity for further analysis and potential new discoveries. Additionally, it helps to maintain the integrity and credibility of scientific research.