1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Follow Up with Acceptance

1. Feb 8, 2016 #1

joshmccraney

Gold Member

Hi PF!

I just got accepted to a PhD program and formally accepted the offer a few days ago. Alongside the formal acceptance, I was requested to email an office coordinator for that department so they could arrange air fare for me to visit the campus. I emailed that individual a few days ago, but have had no response yet. How long should I wait for an email response before I should call?

Thanks

Josh

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2016 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

A week, maybe two. Certainly more than a few days.

4. Feb 8, 2016 #3

joshmccraney

Gold Member

Thanks for the response Vanadium. I should say the weekend I visit is March 4th and 5th (they sent me that before I accepted the offer). Do you still think I should wait a few weeks?

5. Feb 8, 2016 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

That would push it more towards the week, and not two.

6. Feb 8, 2016 #5

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

That "few days" includes this past weekend, right? Imagine Monday morning in a typical university bureaucracy. :oldwink:

7. Feb 8, 2016 #6

joshmccraney

Gold Member

Hahahaha when you put it like that, I suppose it does. I emailed on Friday, so yes, that's a good point. Thank you both for your advice!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook