Calculating Force Generated by Person

• Thread starter timorito
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Force
In summary, the person accelerates a 0.37kg object at a constant rate straight up in the positive y direction over a displacement of 1.9 meters. The object is then released and reaches a maximum height of 28.7 meters. The only force acting on the object is the force generated by the person. The equation used to solve for the force is energy = force * distance. The energy given over 1.9 meters is equal to the energy gravity takes over 28.7 meters.
timorito

Homework Statement

A object has a mass of .37kg starts at rest in a persons hand.The person then accelerates the object at a constant rate straight up in the positive y direction over a displacement of 1.9 meters. The object is then released and travels to a maximum height of 28.7 meters.. What force was generated by the person while the object was in his hand? Answer in Newtons. ( note: when the object is in the persons hand, ignore the weight force,- just consider the only force on the object is supplied by the person)

I need someone to please show me the steps because my quiz is similar and have no idea where to begin.. I would appreciate steps and reasoning. Thanks

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
energy = force * distance

the energy given it over 1.9 m is equal to the energy gravity took from it over 28.7 m

umm thanks lol

Related to Calculating Force Generated by Person

1. How do I calculate the force generated by a person?

To calculate the force generated by a person, you will need to use the formula F=ma, where F is the force, m is the mass of the person, and a is the acceleration. You can measure the mass of the person in kilograms and the acceleration in meters per second squared (m/s²).

2. What is the average force generated by a person?

The average force generated by a person can vary depending on factors such as their age, gender, and physical condition. However, according to research, the average force generated by a person while walking is around 500-700 newtons (N). Keep in mind that this is just an estimate and may vary from person to person.

3. How do I measure the acceleration of a person?

To measure the acceleration of a person, you will need to use a device called an accelerometer. This device can measure the acceleration of an object, including a person, in meters per second squared (m/s²). You can also use a stopwatch and measure the time it takes for the person to reach a certain speed, and then use the formula a=v/t, where a is the acceleration, v is the final velocity, and t is the time taken.

4. What are some common activities that generate a lot of force?

Some common activities that generate a lot of force include running, jumping, lifting heavy objects, and playing contact sports such as football and basketball. These activities involve using a lot of muscular force to move the body or objects, resulting in a higher force generated.

5. Can the force generated by a person be increased?

Yes, the force generated by a person can be increased through various methods such as strength training, proper nutrition, and rest. By building stronger muscles, a person can generate more force when performing physical activities. However, it is important to consult a professional before starting any training program to avoid injury.