Solving Force vs Time Graph Homework Problem

In summary, a force vs time graph shows the relationship between force and time for an object. The slope of the graph represents acceleration, and the area under the curve represents impulse or change in momentum. The net force can be determined by finding the slope at a specific point and multiplying it by the object's mass. The impulse can be calculated by finding the area under the curve, and work can be calculated by finding the area under the curve and multiplying it by the distance the object moves. A straight line on the graph indicates that the object is at rest, while a curved line indicates movement with the slope representing acceleration.
jeya

Homework Statement

A rocket increase its upward Force uniformly from 5*10^6N to 8*10^6 Nover 15s

find the impulse?

Homework Equations

Impulse?

The Attempt at a Solution

My answer=(5*10^6 +8*10^6/2)15=9.75*10^7N.s

Book answer=6*10^7

please help me how to find the right answer?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
What is the question? (You forgot to include it):smile:

1. How do I interpret a force vs time graph?

A force vs time graph is a visual representation of the relationship between the force applied on an object and the time it is applied for. The slope of the graph represents the acceleration of the object, while the area under the curve represents the impulse or change in momentum of the object.

2. How do I determine the net force from a force vs time graph?

The net force can be determined by finding the slope of the graph at a specific point. The slope at any point on the graph represents the acceleration of the object, and multiplying this value by the mass of the object will give you the net force.

3. How do I calculate the impulse from a force vs time graph?

The impulse can be calculated by finding the area under the curve of the force vs time graph. This can be done by breaking the graph into smaller sections and calculating the area of each section, then adding them together.

4. How do I use a force vs time graph to calculate work?

Work can be calculated by multiplying the force by the distance the object moves in the direction of the force. On a force vs time graph, the work done can be represented by the area under the curve of the graph.

5. How can I tell if an object is moving or at rest from a force vs time graph?

If the force vs time graph is a straight line, the object is at rest. If the graph is curved, this indicates that the object is moving and the slope of the graph represents its acceleration.