1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs From Bachelor to PhD

1. Sep 4, 2016 #1
    Hello,

this year I am getting my Bachelor in Physics. Do you know if it's possible to apply for a PhD, without getting a Master, in Europe? The field I am interested in is General Relativity and compact object binary systems, my thesis is on the same topic.
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 4, 2016 #2

Orodruin

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Most European institutes will require a Master before admitting you to a graduate program.

Even if you would find an institute where this is not a requirement, you would be competing with people that do have a Master and therefore very likely be sorted out in the selection process.

Bottom line: You should get a Master if you want to enter a PhD program.

4. Sep 4, 2016 #3
    thanks for the response.

Do you have any Master's program recommendation on the topics I mentioned? I have found a few myself but I do not know anyone that has been though them so I can get feedback.

5. Sep 5, 2016 #4
    Don't you have any kind of academic adviser ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted