• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Programs From Bachelor to PhD

Hello,

this year I am getting my Bachelor in Physics. Do you know if it's possible to apply for a PhD, without getting a Master, in Europe? The field I am interested in is General Relativity and compact object binary systems, my thesis is on the same topic.
Thanks

Orodruin

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
Hello,

this year I am getting my Bachelor in Physics. Do you know if it's possible to apply for a PhD, without getting a Master, in Europe? The field I am interested in is General Relativity and compact object binary systems, my thesis is on the same topic.
Thanks
Most European institutes will require a Master before admitting you to a graduate program.

Even if you would find an institute where this is not a requirement, you would be competing with people that do have a Master and therefore very likely be sorted out in the selection process.

Bottom line: You should get a Master if you want to enter a PhD program.

Most European institutes will require a Master before admitting you to a graduate program.

Even if you would find an institute where this is not a requirement, you would be competing with people that do have a Master and therefore very likely be sorted out in the selection process.

Bottom line: You should get a Master if you want to enter a PhD program.
thanks for the response.

Do you have any Master's program recommendation on the topics I mentioned? I have found a few myself but I do not know anyone that has been though them so I can get feedback.

thanks for the response.

Do you have any Master's program recommendation on the topics I mentioned? I have found a few myself but I do not know anyone that has been though them so I can get feedback.
Don't you have any kind of academic adviser ?