Fuel cell voltage end efficiency

In summary, fuel cell efficiency theoretically decreases as temperature increases. However, in practice, the opposite is true. This is due to the fact that while a fuel cell may be more efficient at lower temperatures, the voltage losses are significantly lower at higher temperatures. Thus, it is more beneficial to operate a fuel cell at a higher temperature, even if it means sacrificing some efficiency, in order to achieve higher operating voltages. This information is supported by a study conducted by Chris Rayment and Scott Sherwin from the University of Notre Dame.
Thermo
I know theoretically fuel cell efficiency decreases as temperature increases. But in practice it is vice versa. What is the reason of that? I couldn't find enough sources. Any kind of help is much appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thermo said:
I know theoretically fuel cell efficiency decreases as temperature increases.
Source?

Even though a fuel cell is more efficient at lower temperatures as shown in Table 3.1, the voltage losses are much less in higher temperature fuel cells. Therefore, it is more advantageous to run a fuel cell at a higher temperature yet lower efficiency to produce higher operating voltages.

upload_2016-11-11_0-33-33.png

Source: Chris Rayment Scott Sherwin Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering University of Notre Dame Notre Dame, IN 46556, U.S.A. May 2, 2003
Enough?...

I think I just found the answer...

What is a fuel cell?

A fuel cell is a device that converts the chemical energy from a fuel into electricity through a chemical reaction. It consists of an anode, cathode, and an electrolyte that allows ions to pass between the two electrodes.

What is meant by fuel cell voltage?

Fuel cell voltage refers to the electrical potential difference between the anode and cathode. It is a measure of the cell's ability to produce electricity and is typically measured in volts.

What factors affect fuel cell voltage?

The main factors that affect fuel cell voltage include the type of fuel used, the type of electrolyte, the temperature, and the composition of the electrodes. Other factors such as humidity and pressure can also have an impact.

What is fuel cell efficiency?

Fuel cell efficiency is a measure of how well a fuel cell converts chemical energy into electrical energy. It is typically expressed as a percentage and is affected by various factors such as temperature, fuel type, and operating conditions.

How can fuel cell efficiency be improved?

Fuel cell efficiency can be improved by using more efficient catalysts, optimizing operating conditions, and improving the design of the fuel cell components. Research and development efforts are ongoing to improve fuel cell efficiency and make it a more viable energy source.