Fundamental Theorem of Calculus to find Derivative

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
jeeves_17
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Use the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus to find the derivative of the function



g(x) = [tex]\sqrt{x}\int sinx[/tex] Ln(t) [tex]\frac{cos(t)}{t}[/tex] dt



g'(x) = lnx cosx / x. By integrating this function, you receive the function g(x). Then by differentiating g(x) you receive g'(x) which is what is given, according to FTCI.


I was told I got this completely wrong. (out of 5) So looking for some help. Thanks in advance.



 
Physics news on Phys.org
I do not understand something. Could you possibly rewrite the original problem?
Is it:

[tex]g(x)=\sqrt{x}\int{sin(x)dx} *\int{\frac{ln(t)*cos(t)}{t}dt}[/tex]


Regards.
 
As stated, the function [tex]g(x)[/tex] doesn't look quite right. Is it supposed to be defined such that,

[tex]g(x) = \sqrt x sin(x) \int_{a}^x \frac{ln(t)cos(t)}{t} \, dt[/tex]

If so, then use the product rule of differentiation because [tex]g(x)[/tex] can be defined in terms of the product of two functions [tex]u[/tex] and [tex]v[/tex] where,

[tex]u = \sqrt x sin(x)[/tex]

[tex]v = \int_{a}^x \frac{ln(t)cos(t)}{t} \, dt[/tex]