Fascinating Stories of Lichman, Joe Economy, Harry Dong and Short Electric Co.

In summary, Lichman is a gynecologist and Economy is a financial manager. Harry Dong is from China and his parents idolized President Harry Truman. Short Electric Company is a related thought. Although Lichman meant to ask about anadromous fish, he instead asked a biologist if there were any androgenous fish concerns. He thought that was pretty funny. Fudruckers Restaurant is a good name. I love Fudruckers, great place. Only place I've never not been able to complain about my burgers. Theonlone I've ever seen though was in sacramento, they've disappeared from southern california. I keep hearing these ads on the radio for a dermatologist named Dr. Zizmore!
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
All true...

A gynecologist named Lichman
A Financial manager named Joe Economy
Harry Dong. His parents immigrated from China after WWII. They idolized President Harry Truman
Short Electric Company.

Physics news on Phys.org
a related thought
Although I meant to ask about anadromous fish, I onced asked a biologist if there were any androgenous fish concerns. He thought that was pretty funny.

Also good, Fudruckers Restaurant. That's a good name. :rofl:

this isn't really a person's name, but there's a gynecology clinic in our town called "beaver clinic." i can't help but laugh at that.

the dean of my school's name is russel de kock. he likes to be called, "russ." OH THE JOKES WE HAVE TOLD.

relskid said:
this isn't really a person's name, but there's a gynecology clinic in our town called "beaver clinic." i can't help but laugh at that.

the dean of my school's name is russel de kock. he likes to be called, "russ." OH THE JOKES WE HAVE TOLD.

har har har har! :rofl:

I have seen a liquor store named; Family Liquor. I got a real chuckle from seeing that.

Ivan Seeking said:
a related thought
Although I meant to ask about anadromous fish, I onced asked a biologist if there were any androgenous fish concerns. He thought that was pretty funny.

Also good, Fudruckers Restaurant. That's a good name. :rofl:

I love Fudruckers, great place. Only place I've never not been able to complain about my burgers. THeonlone I've ever seen though was in sacramento, they've disappeared from southern california.

I keep hearing these ads on the radio for a dermatologist named Dr. Zizmore! (Not sure if I spelled it right, but that's how it sounds).

BoulderHead said:
I have seen a liquor store named; Family Liquor. I got a real chuckle from seeing that.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It sounds like missed opportunity for Norman Rockwell.

I like Philthy McNasty's :biggrin:

There's a guy here by the name of David Cox, but everyone prefers to call him Dixon :wink:

On a side note, I like the Hooters caption "delightfully tacky, yet unrefined"...it's totally wacky :bugeye:

I've actually known a "Dick Whacker", Dusty Rhodes, Paige Turner, I'm not kidding. There was another, maybe I'll remember it later.

Edit: true, Governor Hogg of Texas named his daughter Ima - Ima Hogg. Not true is that he named another daughter Ura.

Last edited:
Ima Hogg was a woman of legendary energy and purpose. Although she enjoyed a privileged life, Miss Hogg was passionately concerned with the well-being of everyone in her community. A leading philanthropist in the state of Texas, she devoted her time and resources to improving the lives of ordinary people.

hogg.jpg

And quite the looker too!

The current nominee for executive director of the CIA is K. Dusty Foggo which seems a great name for a spook.

Had a friend in high school named Rusty Irons.

Loved to eat at Dirty Dingus McGee's in Colfax, CA.

Dirty Dick's Crab House in the Outer Banks, NC (T-Shirts say "I got crabs at Dirty Dick's")

My dad told me of a family with the last name of "Sass." To see the problem, put any first name in front of it: Bill Sass, Mary Sass, etc.

I knew a guy named Frank Earnest. I noted once that his name is redundant.

I always thought that it was a good move by singer Richard Marks', to not go with the traditional nickname for Richard (he'd be Dick Marks).

I know a company called "Sparks Electric." The guy's name is Sparks.

Evo said:
I've actually known a "Dick Whacker", Dusty Rhodes, Paige Turner, I'm not kidding. There was another, maybe I'll remember it later.

There was a Dusty Rhodes that played baseball for the New York Giants back in the 50's.

About halfway between Anderson, Alaska (home of the Anderson Blue Grass Festival) and Fairbanks, Alaska, there's a bar called "Skinny Dick's". Lots of crude mementos you can buy there (plus everyone who comes in signs their name on a dollar bill and tacks it the ceiling - some retirement plan someday, eh).

Best name for a Mexian Restaraunt (somewhere in New England): C. O. Jones
No one caught it first time around, but when the owner tried to get a license to open a second restaraunt, they turned him down.

Best baseball name: Scott Leius. One of the nicknames that never made it to ESPN: Scott "Will Your Sister" Leius

Last edited:
Best football player i ever heard of was, Ali Dia and he was pretty dia.

Mathematician Ivan Niven. (Can you hear the Simpsons' scientist guy saying his name?)

There was a girl who went to my school named Velvet Lipps. I am not kidding. She was engaged to be married right after graduation. One of my friends asked her in jest if the wedding was so soon after graduation so she could hurry up and change her name.

With the straightest of faces, she replied, "Yes".

When I was in San Diego, there was a steakhouse called "The Strip Club" right next to a bar called, "Dick's Last Stand." Either name was humorous, but having them side by side was perfect!

BobG said:
Best name for a Mexian Restaraunt (somewhere in New England): C. O. Jones
No one caught it first time around, but when the owner tried to get a license to open a second restaraunt, they turned him down.

Aside from the obvious that the name is not mexican...i don't get it?

There is this girl's name : Sylvie Laforet which, has you might have noticed, is twice the same meaning : "from the forest" respectively in latin and french. What where the parents thinking ? Were they thinking at all ? :rolleyes:

franznietzsche said:
Aside from the obvious that the name is not mexican...i don't get it?
You have to see it on the sign ... while you're driving by without the time for a close look.

C.O.JONES

Last edited:
BobG said:
You have to see it on the sign ... while you're driving by without the time for a close look.

C.O.JONES
:rofl: Ok, until you spelled it out, I didn't get it either. I'm not as sharp as I used to be.

I always thought "Dick Army" was good for a laugh... that has to be the most machismo name ever.

There was a basketball player a few years back named God Shamgod. Apparently his game didn't live up to his name, since he never made it in the NBA.

Last edited:
BobG said:

C.O.JONES

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

yay for bilingualism...

Moonbear said:
I keep hearing these ads on the radio for a dermatologist named Dr. Zizmore! (Not sure if I spelled it right, but that's how it sounds).

I can vouch for the existence of Dr. Zizmore. :biggrin: His ads are plastered all over New York subways. There was a recent episode of the Comedy Central show "Shorties Watchin' Shorties" that spoofed this with the obvious "Dr. Zitzmore" joke.

It's not a funny name, but Dick Army made me think of Colonel Dax, Kirk Douglas' character in Kubrick's "Path's of Glory". What a great name. Great movie too.

I once had a friend named Genna Taylor.
I also knew of a guy named Mike Hunt.

What are the stories of Lichman, Joe Economy, Harry Dong, and Short Electric Co.?

The stories of Lichman, Joe Economy, Harry Dong, and Short Electric Co. are fictional tales that often involve themes of adventure, mystery, and imagination.

Who are the main characters in these stories?

The main characters in these stories are Lichman, a courageous explorer; Joe Economy, a savvy businessman; Harry Dong, a cunning detective; and Short Electric Co., a team of skilled engineers.

What makes these stories fascinating?

These stories are fascinating because they take readers on a journey through unique and captivating worlds, featuring dynamic characters and unexpected plot twists.

Are these stories based on real events?

No, these stories are entirely fictional and are the product of the author's imagination. However, they may be inspired by real-life experiences or events.

What lessons can be learned from these stories?

Each story has its own lesson, but common themes in these tales include the importance of perseverance, teamwork, and using one's skills and talents for the greater good.