General equation of velocity along the pipe

• Thread starter foo9008
  • Start date

Homework Statement

A pipe diameter changes from 0.5m to 1m in a length of 1m in a pipe diffuser . If a discharge Q flows from 0.5m diameter towards 1m diamater , obtain the general expression for velocity at the pipe cross section .

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

since we know that the velocity of fluid in pipe decreases when the size of pipe increases , So , my working is Velocity at the entrance - (difference in velocity between entrance and exit / area of pipe ) , where the area of pipe has the diameter which increases from the entrance ) , i let is as x in my working . Is my working correct ?

Attachments

Answers and Replies

You can simply use equation of continuity.
Check if your equation is dimensionally correct.

SteamKing
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

Homework Statement

A pipe diameter changes from 0.5m to 1m in a length of 1m in a pipe diffuser . If a discharge Q flows from 0.5m diameter towards 1m diamater , obtain the general expression for velocity at the pipe cross section .

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

since we know that the velocity of fluid in pipe decreases when the size of pipe increases , So , my working is Velocity at the entrance - (difference in velocity between entrance and exit / area of pipe ) , where the area of pipe has the diameter which increases from the entrance ) , i let is as x in my working . Is my working correct ?
I just see a diagram. If there is any working associated with it, it is not visible.

Likes foo9008
I just see a diagram. If there is any working associated with it, it is not visible.
sorry , here is it

Attachments