Georgia Power interview: tips?

In summary, the conversation is about Jasmine's upcoming interview with Georgia Power for their Distribution EIT program and her excitement about the opportunity to work for a large and prestigious company. She also mentions her upcoming interview for Kysor Warren and her passion for distribution engineering. Another person in the conversation congratulates Jasmine and wishes her luck in her new job.
ENGRedcupcake
Hi all.

I'm going on Monday for an interview in Atlanta for Georgia Power's Distribution EIT program. They emailed me monday and just gave me the exact time. Monday at 8am. This is my first interview. I have another interview early january for Kysor warren as entry level Design engineer which I'm also excited about but first things first. I know GP and Southern company in general is pretty huge in the SE USA so I was wondering if anyone has worked or interview for them or a power company and had any suggestions.

wish me luck!

Jasmine

Physics news on Phys.org
Well I go the job offer. I"m really excited. pays good, benefits are fantastic... they'll be paying my EIT exam fees so I can become a licensed engineer. the oppurtinity to work for 2nd largest energy provider in the country is really exciting, I didn't know that until i did the research for the interview. didn't know that they were 8th in the world as a power provider either... pretty insane. I'm so excited too because distribution engineering is one my favourite subjects and I have a geniune passion for it. didn't get any replies so I'm assuming nobody regular works for Southern Company.

It's so insane I'm so close come august i will have finally done it. it seems all this hard work has not been in vain, so close to actually being a real engineer. it's the dream come true.

Congratulations, Jasmine.

I missed the OP. I know several folks in Southern's Nuclear Operating group (SNOC), with whom I've interacted over many years.

I wish you well in you new job.

1. What should I wear to my Georgia Power interview?

It is recommended to dress professionally for your Georgia Power interview. This means wearing a suit or business attire, with closed-toe shoes and minimal jewelry. Avoid wearing anything too flashy or casual.

2. How should I prepare for my Georgia Power interview?

Research the company and its values, as well as the role you are applying for. Prepare answers to common interview questions, and practice with a friend or family member. Familiarize yourself with the company's history, products or services, and any recent news or developments.

3. What are some common interview questions asked at Georgia Power?

Some common interview questions at Georgia Power may include asking about your previous work experience, your strengths and weaknesses, and how you handle difficult situations. They may also ask about your knowledge of the company and why you are interested in working for them.

4. How long does the Georgia Power interview process take?

The length of the interview process may vary depending on the role you are applying for and the number of candidates being considered. Generally, the process can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks, including a phone or video interview, in-person interview, and potential assessments or background checks.

5. What qualities does Georgia Power look for in their employees?

Georgia Power values qualities such as strong communication skills, problem-solving abilities, adaptability, and a positive attitude. They also look for candidates who are knowledgeable about the company and its values, and who are eager to learn and grow within the organization.