Getting Started with ANSYS APDL: Resources for Beginners

In summary, to get the SMX and SMN values for an 8 layer shell beam in Ansys Workbench, you can use "General Postproc->list result->Nodal Solution (or Element Solution)."
suresh756
i am new to the APDL in ansys and i need some basic books or sites to learn APDL

Physics news on Phys.org
I have modeled in ansys now i want it's apdl coding from that model.how can i get it?

kanif said:
I have modeled in ansys now i want it's apdl coding from that model.how can i get it?
open Ansys, file -> List -> Log File

i have modeled 8 layer shell beam. in ansys i want stress and strain in each ply, how will i get it.

kanif said:
i have modeled 8 layer shell beam. in ansys i want stress and strain in each ply, how will i get it.
after the solution is done, select "General Postproc->plot result->contour plot" to see the cloud pictures or select "General Postproc->list result->Nodal Solution (or Element Solution)" to see the data.

"General Postproc->list result->Nodal Solution (or Element Solution)" with this i am getting thousands of element stresses
But i want only SMX(maximum stress), SMN(min.stress),deflection on 8 layer.
how to get that?

kanif said:
"General Postproc->list result->Nodal Solution (or Element Solution)" with this i am getting thousands of element stresses
how to get that?

OK, if you are using Ansys Workbench, the SMX and SMN are automatically listed. While in Ansys Classic, u can use Matlab to deal with the data to find the SMX and SMN

1) i have modeled 8 layer shell beam. in ansys i want stress and strain in each ply, how will i get it.
how to get that?

2Ans)=OK, if you are using Ansys Workbench, the SMX and SMN are automatically listed. While in Ansys Classic, u can use Matlab to deal with the data to find the SMX and SMN

1)HOW? i.e please tell me the step how model deal with MATLAB?

i want to run ANSYS using matlab.
so how intrface these?
please.tell me

gravity spring in ansys

Dear friends,
how can define gravity spring in fluid80(ansys)? or that is a default in this element?
regards

Dear friends.
I have created a model (woven fabric) for my projects and include in matrix box in order to get the stress strain curve. Unfortunately I can’t get it and errors keep on occur (this model requires more scratch space than currently available). I have already done the element type, Boolean operation (glue) between woven fabric and matrix box, material properties and element meshing. I am doing structure analysis on my model. Kindly could anyone please give me any suggestion for this problem? Thank you in advance.
Regards.

HI,
i was using ANSYS APDL 12 and there was a "design opt" in the main menu tree to the left. it s for design optimization. however now i built my model in ansys apdl 15 but there s no longer "design opt" in it. any ideas how to apply design optimization in apdl 15??
thanks

Related to Getting Started with ANSYS APDL: Resources for Beginners

1. What is ANSYS APDL?

ANSYS APDL (ANSYS Parametric Design Language) is a scripting language used for automating and customizing simulations in ANSYS software. It is primarily used in the mechanical and structural engineering fields for finite element analysis (FEA) simulations.

2. How do I get started with ANSYS APDL?

The best way to get started with ANSYS APDL is to first familiarize yourself with the ANSYS software and its user interface. Then, you can start learning the basics of APDL by going through tutorials and online resources. It is also helpful to have a strong understanding of FEA principles and the ANSYS solver capabilities.

3. Are there any resources available for beginners learning ANSYS APDL?

Yes, there are many resources available for beginners learning ANSYS APDL. Some popular resources include the ANSYS documentation, online tutorials, video tutorials, and forums where you can ask questions and get help from experienced users.

4. Can I use ANSYS APDL without any programming experience?

Yes, you can use ANSYS APDL without any programming experience. However, having a basic understanding of programming concepts such as variables, loops, and conditional statements can be helpful in writing more complex APDL scripts.

5. Is ANSYS APDL only used for mechanical and structural engineering simulations?

No, while ANSYS APDL is mainly used for mechanical and structural engineering simulations, it can also be used for other types of simulations such as fluid dynamics and electromagnetics. However, certain features and capabilities may be limited in these areas compared to other ANSYS products specifically designed for those simulations.