Good forms/kinds of birth control?

• Medical
  • Thread starter mcknia07
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Control
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of birth control and the speaker's concerns about finding a good form of contraception. They mention working at a pharmacy and not wanting to involve their coworkers in this personal matter. The conversation also touches on the use of unconventional methods like Super-Glue and a cork, which prompts a joke about using it on a cat. The speaker then mentions the importance of using contraceptives to protect against STDs and their concerns about weight gain and loss of sex drive.
mcknia07
I was just wondering if any of the females know of any good forms/kinds of birth control?

If so, what are they? I know you can't really recommend any, but which one(s) worked good for you? I work at a pharmacy, but I would prefer not to work with any of the people I work with, it might be weird, but I know they would be willing to help...

Biology news on Phys.org

Super-Glue and a cork.

Well, it worked for my cat... :redface:

Okay, cheap joke. I assume that due to your occupation you know that most contraceptives don't protect against STD's. If that's a concern, stick with spermicide and condoms.

Last edited:

Hmmm...sounds kinda painful...but if worse comes to worse, it will work!

Danger said:
Super-Glue and a cork.

Well, it worked for my cat... :redface:

Okay, cheap joke. I assume that due to your occupation you know that most contraceptives don't protect against STD's. If that's a concern, stick with spermicide and condoms.

Yeah, I do know that.

birth control will just make you fat and kill your sex drive.

I don't want to be fat! I'm rather skinny now, and being fat, well, it would make me U to the G to the ly.

What are the most effective forms of birth control?

The most effective forms of birth control are the hormonal IUD, the copper IUD, the implant, sterilization (tubal ligation or vasectomy), and the combination pill.

What are the most common side effects of birth control?

The most common side effects of birth control include nausea, breast tenderness, headaches, and breakthrough bleeding. However, these side effects usually subside within the first few months of use.

How do I know which form of birth control is right for me?

The best way to determine which form of birth control is right for you is to consult with your healthcare provider. They can discuss your medical history, lifestyle, and preferences to help you make an informed decision.

Are there any natural or non-hormonal forms of birth control?

Yes, there are natural and non-hormonal forms of birth control such as the copper IUD, condoms, diaphragms, fertility awareness methods, and withdrawal. It is important to talk to your healthcare provider about the effectiveness and proper use of these methods.

Can birth control protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs)?

No, birth control only prevents pregnancy and does not protect against STIs. Using condoms consistently and correctly is the best way to protect against STIs.