Good notes on wire models in digital circuits

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a good set of notes to help them with their homework in digital integrated electronics class. They have specific problems related to comparing input capacitance of a Mosfet to a wire of certain length, RC time loss in a wire, and power distribution on a 64bit ram chip. The person is not asking for solutions, but rather for notes that cover these topics. They mention that their book and professor's notes are not helpful. The person responding mentions that the questions are too vague and that there is not one solution that applies to all situations. They suggest using formulas to solve these problems.
asdfmosin
Hello everyone.
I'm trying to do a homework in digital integrated electronics class and feel like I can finish it only if I had a good set of notes.
I have problems like comparing the input capacitance of a Mosfet to a wire of certain length, getting RC time loss in a wire, power distribution calculations on a 64bit ram chip.
Now I'm not asking for the solutions, but a good set of notes which cover these topics. So far my book is useless and the prof notes (like always) are too simplistic.

Thank You!

Engineering news on Phys.org
hi there

your queries are not really answerable as they are just too vague.

eg. EVERY MOSFET is going to have a different input capacitance and how much a
given length of wire or circuit track and their thicknesses will affect the capacitance, is going vary greatly

"getting RC time loss in a wire" --- that as it stands, is like asking "how long is a piece of string (wire)" ... as long as you want it to be
the question is meaningless without a few definitions the least of which would be the length and diameter of the wire, its resistance in Ohms / metre etc

I'm sure there's formula for wourking out much of what you are asking. and you would have to use those formulae for each and every situation you work with.
There won't be a "1 answer fits all"

cheers
Dave

1. What are wire models in digital circuits?

Wire models in digital circuits refer to the representation of electrical connections in a circuit diagram. These connections are modeled as wires to show the flow of current between different components in the circuit.

2. Why are good notes important for wire models in digital circuits?

Good notes for wire models in digital circuits help to document and explain the connections and functions of different components in the circuit. They provide a clear and organized way to understand the circuit and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.

3. How do wire models in digital circuits differ from physical wire connections?

Wire models in digital circuits are symbolic representations and do not necessarily reflect the physical layout of the circuit. They also often include additional information such as voltage levels and logic states that are not visible in physical wire connections.

4. What is the purpose of using wire models in digital circuits?

Wire models in digital circuits help to design and analyze complex circuits without the need for physical components. They also allow for easier communication and collaboration between engineers and can be used to simulate and test circuits before they are physically built.

5. How can I create accurate wire models in digital circuits?

To create accurate wire models in digital circuits, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the components and their functions in the circuit. Using software tools designed for circuit design and simulation can also help in creating precise wire models.