Creating a Realistic Cat Drawing Using Functions on a Graphing Calculator

In summary, the conversation is about a project where the person is making a picture using functions on a graphing calculator. They are creating a picture of a cat and are having trouble making a sideways ellipse in the eye and getting rid of lines going through the face. They share the equations they have so far and mention trouble with the abs function and using values to move the ellipse. They are seeking suggestions to fix these issues.
naskas

Homework Statement

Uhmm i just started this project where i have to make a picture using functions on a graphing calcutator I am doing a kitty kat so far I am stuck on two things once is making a sideways elipse inside the eye so the cat looks more realistic another is getting rid of the lines going through the face of my cat some suggestions to fix these would be nice

Homework Equations

here are the equations i have so far
fyi there are alot
: Clr Draw
: DrawF -sqrrt(18-(x-5)sqd)+6
:DrawF sqrt(18-(x-5)sqd)+4
:DrawF √1.2-(x-3)sqd)+6
:DrawF-√1.2-(x-3)sqd)+6.5
:Line (4,3,5,4)
:Line (6,3,5,4)
:Line (5,5,5,4)
:DrawF -√1.2-(x-7)sqd)+6.5
:DrawF √1.2-(x-7)sqd)+6
:DrawF -abs(5(x-2))+10
:DrawF -3(x-2)sqd)+3.4
:DrawF(-abs(4(x-2))+9.5)/(x≥1.323)/(x≤2.426)* trouble with this one
:DrawF(-abs(5(x-8))+10* work in progress
:Line (7,4,8,5)
:Line (3,4,2,5)
:Line (2,3,3,4)
:Line (8,4,7,4)
:Line (3,4,2,3)
:Line (7,4,8,3)
:DrawF -3(x-8)sqd+3.4
Doneee

The Attempt at a Solution

confused with the abs function i did it the way they showed us in the book and it still doesn't work also making a sideways elipse i was told to switch the values that make them move left,right up,down but that would mean i would have to move the thing under the root right?:confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
what i mean is if i move the root for example the first one -sqrrt(18-(x-5)sqd)+6 if i move root 18 and switch it with -5 wouldn't i have to move the whole root so how could i do that without changing the elipse too drastically

1. What is a graphing calculator project?

A graphing calculator project is a project that involves creating a program or designing a physical device that can graph equations and perform various mathematical calculations. It usually involves using a graphing calculator, which is a specialized calculator that can plot graphs and perform advanced mathematical functions.

2. What are the benefits of a graphing calculator project?

A graphing calculator project can have many benefits, such as improving problem-solving skills, increasing understanding of mathematical concepts, and providing a visual representation of mathematical equations. It can also be a useful tool for students in math and science classes, as well as for professionals in fields such as engineering and finance.

3. What are some common features of a graphing calculator project?

Some common features of a graphing calculator project include the ability to graph and analyze multiple equations at once, the ability to solve equations for specific variables, the ability to create and save graphs, and the ability to perform various mathematical operations such as finding derivatives and integrals.

4. What skills are needed for a graphing calculator project?

A graphing calculator project typically requires strong mathematical skills, as well as knowledge of programming and/or circuit design depending on the type of project. It may also require problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to think creatively.

5. How can I get started on a graphing calculator project?

To get started on a graphing calculator project, you can begin by familiarizing yourself with the functions and capabilities of a graphing calculator. You can then brainstorm project ideas and determine what skills and resources you will need to bring your idea to life. It may also be helpful to seek guidance from a teacher, mentor, or online resources to help you with the project.