If it is a genuine ground - then they will both be grounded.
If not then the common "ground" rail acts as a reference voltage for both low and high voltage systems.
A lot will depend on how your car is wired though. You can probably sketch out the resulting circuit diagram.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving