Heat Exchanger: +40C rise at 16 liters/minute flow rate

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 2K views
Edwardminett
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Thread moved from the technical forums to the schoolwork forums
Summary:: How to calculate the rate of heat transfer between hot external water and cold internal water in a pipe.

The image attached is my attempt at the question however, I find myself stuck trying to work out internal and external heat transfer coefficient.
1627395864174.png
 
Attachments
  • 1627395717120.png
    1627395717120.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 1627395764149.png
    1627395764149.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 231
Physics news on Phys.org
What are your thoughts on how to proceed so far, say, first for the case of the internal heat transfer coefficient?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Edwardminett
Chestermiller said:
What are your thoughts on how to proceed so far, say, first for the case of the internal heat transfer coefficient?
I'm not to sure, most places I searched said use the Nusselt number equation but I'm not sure if this is correct or how to calculate this?
 
Edwardminett said:
I'm not to sure, most places I searched said use the Nusselt number equation but I'm not sure if this is correct or how to calculate this?
Tell me your understanding of how the Nusselt number is estimated. Where have you researched so far?