1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help! Full Wave Bridge

1. Mar 11, 2005 #1
    Help! Full Wave Bridge!!

Hi guys!

Okay - I know that this is a straight-forward intermediate level circuit theory problem but uh...I've forgotten how to do it so I need help!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have a full-wave rectifying bridge connected to a rectifying cap and a regulating zener diode. I do have values for the cap/zener/resistor (worked out through trial and error) but: What equations do you use to work out values for this circuit? I've looked all over the net and couple textbook but can't seem to find any good information on it! If it does help,
    Please help people - I really need to figure this out!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Note on pic:
    Zener = 3.9V
    R = 1100 ohms
    C = 1000uF

Only the non-inverted coloured part of the circuit is the part that is concerend in my question. :smile:

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2005 #2
    I'm having the same problem with my powersupply circuit. Some people have suggested to use 4700uF in the rectifying caps... but I have no idea what the theory behind it is... I've just worked mine by trial & error in some simulation software called "Protel 99".
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?