Struggling with Physics Test? Find Help & Practice Exercises Here!

• Thread starter CartoonKid
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker had a difficult physics test that they were unable to finish due to limited time and their preferred method of solving problems. They express frustration with the short time limit and dislike for this type of test. They are seeking recommendations for websites with physics exercises, specifically related to topics they are currently studying. Suggestions include Khan Academy, The Physics Classroom, Physics Stack Exchange, and online courses offered by universities.
CartoonKid
I just had my physics test today. It's a nightmare. I didn't really have time to finish them all. Those questions are not very difficult except for some but the time is very limited. And my style for doing questions is not to recall formulas Rather, I would derive them. Test should be testing us on understanding, I don't know why they have to make the time to be so short, it's not a competition. I hate this kind of tests. When I started to panic, I can't read the questions properly.

For the sake of the coming tests, I think I have to change my style. Can somebody please recommend some sites with a lots of physics exercises (preferably related to topic like electromagnetism, wave and quantum physics because I am studying them this semester)...I want to programme myself with every formula.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
There are a number of sites that can help you with your physics exercises. One of the most popular is Khan Academy, which offers a variety of interactive courses and tutorials for students of all levels. Another good resource is The Physics Classroom, which has a range of resources for topics such as electricity, magnetism, and Newtonian mechanics. You can also find plenty of physics exercises on the Physics Stack Exchange, which is a great place to ask questions and get answers from experts in the field. Finally, many universities offer online courses in physics, which can be helpful for getting extra practice and understanding difficult concepts. Good luck!

I completely understand your frustration with your recent physics test. It can be overwhelming when the time limit is too short and you feel rushed to recall formulas instead of understanding the concepts. It's great that you want to improve and find resources to help you practice and understand the material better.

One website that I highly recommend for physics practice exercises is Khan Academy. They have a wide range of topics and exercises, including electromagnetism, waves, and quantum physics. Their lessons are also very interactive and include videos and step-by-step explanations, which can be helpful for understanding the concepts behind the formulas.

Another helpful resource is Physics Classroom, which also offers practice exercises and tutorials for various topics in physics. They also have a section specifically for students who are struggling with physics, so that could be a great place to start.

In addition, your textbook or class notes may have practice problems and exercises that you can use to review and practice. And don't forget about asking your teacher or classmates for help if you need it. They may have additional resources or tips that could benefit you.

Remember to not get too discouraged by one test. Use it as a learning experience and try to identify areas where you can improve. With practice and understanding, I'm sure you will do better on future tests. Best of luck!

I completely understand your frustration with your physics test. It can be overwhelming when there is a limited amount of time to complete a test, especially when you prefer to derive formulas rather than simply recall them. However, I believe that with some practice and help, you can improve your test-taking skills and feel more confident in future exams.

Firstly, it's great that you recognize the need to change your studying style. It shows that you are willing to adapt and improve, which is a crucial mindset for success in any subject. One suggestion I have is to try and practice with timed exercises. This will help you get used to working under time constraints and improve your speed in solving problems.

As for resources, there are plenty of websites that offer practice exercises for different physics topics. I would recommend Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and Physics Stack Exchange. These sites have a wide range of exercises and explanations for topics such as electromagnetism, waves, and quantum physics. Additionally, your textbook or class notes may also have practice questions that you can work on.

Remember, practice makes perfect. The more you work on exercises and familiarize yourself with different formulas, the more confident you will become in your understanding of the subject. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your teacher or classmates if you come across any difficulties.

Lastly, try not to stress too much about your past test. Use it as a learning experience and focus on improving for future exams. You got this! Keep practicing and I'm sure you will see improvement in no time. Best of luck!

What are some common reasons someone might need help with questions?

Some common reasons someone might need help with questions include not understanding a concept or topic, needing clarification on a specific point, struggling with a difficult problem, feeling overwhelmed with a large amount of information, or wanting to improve their understanding and learn more.

How can I effectively ask for help with my questions?

To effectively ask for help with your questions, be specific about what you need assistance with. Provide as much context and information as possible, and be clear about your goals or objectives. Also, consider asking for help from someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in the subject matter.

What are some strategies for finding answers to my questions?

There are several strategies for finding answers to your questions. You can search for information online, consult textbooks or reference materials, ask a knowledgeable person for assistance, attend workshops or lectures, or conduct experiments or research to find answers on your own.

How can I improve my critical thinking skills when asking questions?

To improve your critical thinking skills when asking questions, try to approach problems and questions from multiple perspectives, consider alternative solutions or explanations, ask follow-up questions to deepen your understanding, and practice active listening and reflective thinking.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when asking questions?

Some common mistakes to avoid when asking questions include being too vague or general, assuming you know the answer already, not actively listening to the response, being afraid to ask for clarification, and not following up to deepen your understanding. Additionally, avoid asking loaded or leading questions that may bias the response.