Optimal Steel Profile and Hook Design for Crane Beam Project

In summary, the task given by the teacher is to make a beam for a crane. The beam is a steel profile with one end fixed and the other end having a hook with two ears welded on both sides. The distance from the point of restraint to the point of attachment for the hook is 2400mm, with the attachment point being 115mm from the lower edge of the profile. The optimal section of the profile must be determined for a hook with a diameter of d and a weight of 3000kg, with the distance between the ears being 140mm and each ear being 15mm thick. The best pin must be suggested to transmit the load, as well as the optimal size and length of the weld that will
gras
while study i have been given a task from mine teacher to make the beam for the crane...

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=68016&stc=1&d=1395850228

The steel profile is fix one end. The other end, ends with a hook which takes the form of two ears, welded on both sides of the profile. The distance from the point of restraint to the point of attachment Hook is 2400mm. Distance attachment point of the hook from the lower edge of the profile This 115mm. suggest optimal section of profile provided that in the point of attachment hook through the pin the diameter is d and the hook weight will be like 3000kg. You know that the distance between the 'ears' of hook is 140mm and the thickness of each ear is 15mm - you shoud suggest the best pin who will transmit the load. Determine the optimal size of the ears and the size and length of the weld that will connect ears with the profile. The profile MUST be possible to preform by the bending and welding technique - suggest material and type of treatment pin.

Can anyone help me about chose the best profile for the beam? and the steel material? that's mine problem coz next i must do the Finite element method simulation etc

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, the link in the OP is invalid.

Sorry, now it should be correct

1. How can I find reliable sources for my school project?

The best way to find reliable sources is to use academic databases or search engines such as Google Scholar. These sources provide access to peer-reviewed articles and studies that have been vetted by experts in the field. You can also check the credibility of a source by looking at the author's credentials, the publication date, and the references used in the source.

2. How do I organize and structure my school project?

One way to organize and structure your project is to create an outline. Start by identifying your main research question or topic, and then break it down into smaller subtopics. This will help you stay focused and ensure that all of your information is relevant to your project. You can also use headings and subheadings to divide your project into sections.

3. How can I make my school project stand out?

One way to make your project stand out is to present your information in a visually appealing way. This can include using charts, graphs, images, and other multimedia elements. Additionally, make sure to include a clear and concise introduction and conclusion, as well as provide a unique perspective or analysis on the topic.

4. What are some tips for delivering a successful presentation for my school project?

To deliver a successful presentation, it is important to practice beforehand and be familiar with your material. Use visual aids, such as PowerPoint slides, to enhance your presentation. Speak clearly and confidently, and engage with your audience by asking questions or encouraging discussion. Make sure to also leave time for questions and feedback at the end.

5. How can I avoid plagiarism in my school project?

To avoid plagiarism, make sure to properly cite all of your sources using a citation style recommended by your teacher or professor. This includes both in-text citations and a list of references at the end of your project. If you are using direct quotes, make sure to use quotation marks and include the page number in your citation. Additionally, paraphrase information in your own words and provide a citation for the source.