1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help me on my assingment on vibrations & wave

1. Jan 17, 2006 #1
    help me on my urgent assingment on vibrations & wave

1.Two particles of masses m1 and m2 are attached to the ends of a rigid spring,the natural length of the spring is l and its tension is k.e.Initially, th particles are at rest with m1 at height h above m2 at t=0.mi is projected vertically unward with velocity v.find the position of the particles at any subsequent time.2.what is the larges value for which this solution applies.:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2006 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Help you how? All you did was state a problem- you haven't given any indication of what you know or what you have already done on this so we don't know what kind of hints will help. I can think of about four different ways to do this, some using formulas that you may or may not know, some solving differential equations using different assumptions about the problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?