1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help Me To Find the force on a positive point charge q located a distance x from the

1. May 15, 2009 #1
    attachment.php?attachmentid=18915&stc=1&d=1242376775.jpg

Hi Friends I am student of BsCs- 1st Semester,

I am facing problem to solve a question of physics. I have tried my best to solve it but I am fail, can any one do it for me I will thank to him.

Here Is The Question

Find the force on a positive point charge q located a distance x from the end of a rod of length L with uniformly distributed positive charge Q. See Fig

This Question Is Taken From Physics Vol 2—Edition fifth by
    David Haliday (university of pittsburg)
    Robert Resnic

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2009 #2
    Re: Help Me To Find the force on a positive point charge q located a distance x from

plz solve this please

4. May 15, 2009 #3

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi urduworld! Welcome to PF! :smile:

(btw, never bump your questions in the first 24 hours … people are much more likely to answer a thread with 0 replies :wink:, and half PF's members are asleep now anyway! :zzz:)
    Hint: divide the rod into slices of thickness dy and charge Qdy/L, find the force from each slice, and integrate from x to x + L …

what do you get? :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook