1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help! Tried Several Times, but Can't Get Correct Solution!

1. Sep 13, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Three vectors a ,b c, and each have a magnitude of 42 m and lie in an xy plane. Their directions relative to the positive direction of the x axis are 29°, 197°, and 314°, respectively. What are (a) the magnitude and (b) the angle of the vector a + b + c, and (c) the magnitude and (d) the angle of a -b + c? What are (e) the magnitude and (f) the angle of a fourth vector d such that (a +b ) - ( c+ d) = 0?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2009 #2

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Show your work, so that we may see where you are having trouble!

4. Sep 13, 2009 #3
    I have put the vectors in their respective places, and have tried calculating the components using the Cos and Sin functions. However, I get stuck there. I have not really came to any answers. I don't think I have the full grasp of this material yet. Hoping someone could show me how to do this step by step. That would be wonderful.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook