How to Automate Data Extraction from a Scroll-Down Webpage?

In summary, to get started with writing a program, you should first define the problem you are trying to solve. The programming language you choose will depend on your program's needs and your personal preference and experience. To break down your program into smaller tasks, you can use pseudocode or a flowchart. To check if your program is working correctly, you can use debugging tools and techniques, as well as have others test it. Finally, you can use online resources, books, workshops, and guidance from experienced programmers to learn more about writing programs.
vincent81
how do i go about writing this program?

This website has a scroll-down like the attached pic.
what i need to do is to go to each page in this scroll-down
and copy some data into a text file.
The data is located at the same position on the each page.

is there any such program found on the net?

Attachments

• scrolldown.jpg
    scrolldown.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 528
Computer science news on Phys.org
Try looking for the combo bar html tags,
and use a spider to crawl the URL's found in the bar.

Thanks for the code...
:smile:

1. How do I get started with writing a program?

The first step in writing a program is to clearly define the problem you are trying to solve. This will help guide your thought process and determine the necessary inputs, outputs, and steps to reach your desired outcome.

2. What programming language should I use?

The programming language you use will depend on the specific needs of your program, as well as your own personal preference and experience. Some popular languages include Python, Java, C++, and JavaScript.

3. How do I break down my program into smaller, manageable tasks?

One approach is to use pseudocode, which is a simplified version of code that outlines the logic of your program without worrying about syntax or specific programming language rules. You can also create a flowchart to visually map out the steps of your program.

4. How can I check if my program is working correctly?

To ensure your program is functioning as intended, you can use debugging tools and techniques such as printing out intermediate results, using breakpoints, and stepping through your code line by line. You can also have others test your program and provide feedback.

5. What resources can I use to learn more about writing programs?

There are numerous online tutorials, courses, and forums available for learning how to write programs. You can also consult books, attend workshops or classes, and seek guidance from experienced programmers. Don't be afraid to experiment and practice on your own as well.