Who Is DocHoliday, the New Physics Forums Member?

In summary, DocHoliday is a new member who is studying to get a degree in astrophysics. He's from Michigan State University and is looking for a physics subject he will enjoy. He's hoping that through the forums and some additional classes he can find what he's looking for.
DocHoliday
Hi my names DocHoliday.

I see how many very insightful and well written pieces you guys have had on numerous problems and thus have decided to join the forums. A Large Thanks to the whole community is in order as you have helped me through a few things without me even being a member!

I'm currently studying in college about 24/7 as this subject, along with my math, comes very hard to me.

If this is the wrong place for this post, I would kindly ask a moderator to move it to the correct section. I looked for an introduction section but was unable to locate it.

Thanks for reading,
DocHoliday

Physics news on Phys.org
This is, indeed, the right place. Welcome to PF, Doc.
Go easy on the nitrous oxide, leave your shotgun at home, and dive in. :biggrin:
Please advise us as to what sort of fish you favour.

Thanks for the welcome. After getting my associates in computer science, I am now taking calculus 2 and 3 over the summer along with the first basic physics sequence. I have no clue what I want to study yet, although my B.S. will be in astrophysics.

To graduate in 2015 I have to do astrophysics, otherwise it will take me until 2016 to get physics because of 1 class difference. I still am doing all the physics courses I can take as an undergrad except 1, advanced physics lab.

I have no clue what I want to study yet, although I would love to go to graduate school. I attend Michigan State University.

Got any favorite fish (or whale)??

Halibut :D But probably theoretical work with plasma physics. Although nuclear physics very much interests me also.

I hope through this site and a few more classes I can find something about physics I will enjoy above others. Otherwise for now I've always loved math and I enjoy the problem solving of all physics equations very much.

*Smacks a HUGE, floppy halibut onto DocHoliday's nose (and, accidentally, on the rest of his body**)*

You are now PROPERLY introduced, and welcomed at PF! :approve:** It's not MY fault you chose a halibut. I chose a sardine..

Welcome to PF DocHoliday. Here's a little fish to slap you with from me.

worlds_smallest_fish2.jpg

You're going to love it here.

What is the purpose of Physics Forums?

Physics Forums is an online community for scientists, researchers, and students to discuss and share their knowledge and ideas about physics. It serves as a platform for learning, problem-solving, and collaboration among individuals interested in the field of physics.

How can I get started on Physics Forums?

To get started, you can create an account on Physics Forums and then browse through the different forums and sub-forums to find topics that interest you. You can also participate in discussions and ask questions to engage with other members of the community.

Are there any rules and guidelines for participating on Physics Forums?

Yes, there are rules and guidelines that all members must follow when participating on Physics Forums. These rules include being respectful to others, citing sources when necessary, and avoiding spam or self-promotion. You can find the full list of rules on the website.

Can I ask for help with my homework on Physics Forums?

Yes, you can ask for help with your homework on Physics Forums. However, it is important to follow the guidelines and not expect others to do your work for you. It is also recommended to show your own attempt at solving the problem and ask for guidance rather than asking for the solution directly.

Can I share my own research or ideas on Physics Forums?

Yes, you can share your research or ideas on Physics Forums. However, it is important to follow the guidelines and provide clear and accurate information. It is also recommended to engage in discussions and consider different perspectives from other members of the community.