Higgs free space travelling, close to lightspeed possible ?

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential impact of the discovery of the Higgs boson on the development of future technology, specifically the possibility of building spaceships that can travel at close to the speed of light. There is a clarification that the Higgs field, not the Higgs boson, is responsible for mass and that the Higgs boson can be found in CERN. The conversation also touches on the difficulty of understanding this concept due to poor explanations. Overall, the conversation concludes with the understanding that the Higgs field is always present and cannot be removed, even in a vacuum.
digi99
I was thinking if the Higgs part would be found next year, is it true if it could be removed from materials, that you could build spaceships from such materials, you could travel with speeds close to the lightspeed, so Star Track would be a real possibility in the future ?

Or do I forget something ...

Physics news on Phys.org
Check a post by Bill_K in this thread . It's the second post.

I understood Higgs is not responceable for all mass, you need always a little mass for your brake in a spaceship ...

You are not always corrected and many explanations on the internet/magazines are terrible bad from all level of people, never complete. That's why this kind of physics is difficult for many people, just the bad explanation.

So now I understand finally the difference between Higgs field and Higgs boson (I had a wrong understanding). I found the best explanation, so I was sure, here on the forum :).

The Higgs field is everywhere even in atoms and space. The Higgs field gives our mass. The Higgs boson is reponsable for the Higgs field and is of course also everywhere. But you can't catch a Higgs boson everywhere. But when there in a atom, you can find it in CERN.

So I understand the mass of particles is because of the Higgs field in a atom and therefore as sum for the object's mass existing out of atoms.

So my title was wrong ..

In CERN particles rotates in vaccuum, Higgs fields can't be removed because it is everywhere (it goes through the tunnel construction).

1. What is the Higgs free space travelling theory?

The Higgs free space travelling theory is a concept proposed by scientists to explain the possibility of travelling through space at close to the speed of light without encountering resistance or friction.

2. How does the Higgs field relate to free space travelling?

The Higgs field is a fundamental field that is thought to give particles mass. In the theory of Higgs free space travelling, it is proposed that this field could be manipulated to allow for faster-than-light travel.

3. Is it possible to travel at the speed of light in free space?

According to the theory of relativity, it is not possible for any object with mass to travel at the speed of light. However, the Higgs free space travelling theory suggests that it may be possible to travel very close to the speed of light without encountering the same physical limitations.

4. What are the potential benefits of Higgs free space travelling?

If the theory of Higgs free space travelling is proven to be true, it could revolutionize space travel by allowing for faster and more efficient transportation of people and goods through the universe.

5. What are the main challenges in testing the Higgs free space travelling theory?

One of the main challenges in testing this theory is the fact that it currently exists only as a concept and has not been proven through experimentation. The technology and resources needed to test this theory are also currently beyond our capabilities.