High School Physics: Catching Up and Going Further

In summary, the individual has a strong interest in math and physics, but due to moving schools frequently, has only covered basic concepts. They have been able to study advanced topics with the help of their father, who is a math teacher. They are now seeking recommendations for books or websites to catch up on physics and advance further. They are currently in high school and have not considered taking a course in community college. Suggestions for textbooks and online resources are given.
Candide
I have always had a keen interest for math and Physics, however I have never had much physics in school. I moved to different schools a lot, and therefore I never had anything else than F=ma and basic electric circuitry. Since my father is a math teacher, I have been able to go through Spivak and multi-variable calculus. I am asking for books/websites that will help me catch up with physics and go further. Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you know calculus, you're ready for any calculus-based introductory university physics textbook: Halliday/Resnick/Walker, Young/Freedman, Tipler/Mosca, etc. You'll find lots of discussion of these books in our Science and Math Textbooks forum.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

1. What is the purpose of studying high school physics?

The purpose of studying high school physics is to gain a fundamental understanding of the physical laws and principles that govern our universe. It also helps develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.

2. What topics are typically covered in high school physics?

Some of the topics typically covered in high school physics include motion, forces, energy, waves, electricity, magnetism, and optics. Basic concepts of kinematics, dynamics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism are also often included.

3. Is physics a difficult subject to learn?

Physics can be challenging because it involves complex mathematical concepts and abstract ideas. However, with proper dedication and practice, anyone can learn and understand physics.

4. How can I catch up on high school physics if I am falling behind?

If you are falling behind in high school physics, it is important to seek help from your teacher, classmates, or a tutor. You can also review class notes, ask questions, and practice problems to catch up.

5. What can I do to excel in high school physics?

To excel in high school physics, it is essential to attend class regularly, actively participate, and take thorough notes. Practice problems regularly, ask questions, and seek help when needed. It is also helpful to have a strong understanding of math and critical thinking skills.