Solving for y: A Step-by-Step Guide

• Thread starter franky2727
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involved finding the solution for the equation y=(2Ke3/4x4)/(1-Ke3/4x4) and discussing different approaches to solving it. The correct solution was provided and it was suggested to simplify the equation by replacing some terms with a single parameter.
franky2727
ive got (y-1/y+2)=Ke3/4x4where K=+ or- e3c

and I am trying to get to y=(2Ke3/4x4)/(1-Ke3/4x4)

but i keep getting y= (-3+Ke3/4x4)/(Ke3/4x4) can someone please have a go at this to see if its me that's wrong or the answer sheet and if its me which it usualy is can you please write your working step by step? thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
We have:

[tex]
\frac{y-1}{y+2}=KL
[/tex]

In which [tex]K=\pm e^{3c}[/tex] and [tex]L=e^{\frac{3}{4}x^4}[/tex]

We now work this out:

[tex]
y-1=yKL+2KL
[/tex]

[tex]
y=yKL+2KL+1
[/tex]

[tex]
y-yKL=2KL+1
[/tex]

[tex]
y(1-KL)=2KL+1
[/tex]

[tex]
y=\frac{2KL+1}{1-KL}
[/tex]

This does not correspond to the solution you want to get, but in my opinion this is the correct one, maybe you have not given the correct question?

ye that's right sorry i forgot to put the +1 on the end and that way is about 50^2 times simpler than the way i was trying to do it thanks!

no problem :smile: sometimes the math becomes easier if you just replace some nasty crap by a single parameter :smile:

1. What is the purpose of "Solving for y: A Step-by-Step Guide"?

The purpose of this guide is to provide a step-by-step approach to solving for the variable y in an equation. It is designed to help individuals understand the process and techniques involved in solving for y in various mathematical problems.

2. Who can benefit from using this guide?

This guide can benefit anyone who is learning or struggling with solving for y in equations. It can be useful for students in middle school, high school, and even college. It can also be helpful for individuals who are preparing for standardized tests or those who simply want to improve their mathematical skills.

3. Is this guide suitable for all levels of math proficiency?

Yes, this guide is suitable for all levels of math proficiency. It includes basic concepts and techniques for solving equations, as well as more advanced methods for solving complex problems.

4. What are the key steps to solving for y?

The key steps to solving for y include identifying the given equation, isolating the variable y, simplifying the equation, and solving for y. It also involves checking the solution and understanding any restrictions or special cases that may arise.

5. Can this guide be used for solving all types of equations?

While this guide focuses on solving equations for the variable y, the techniques and concepts can be applied to solving equations for other variables as well. It can also be used for linear and nonlinear equations, as well as equations with multiple variables.