Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How can I contact a University for funding for a project.

1. Oct 17, 2005 #1
    How can I contact a University for funding for a project. The project is on fuel cells, and I plan on building two prototypes; one following the instructions precisely, the other for experimenting with nickel catalysts. I have a estimate of $75-$100 CDN.

Thanks for any help,

Pierre.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2005 #2

ShawnD

Science Advisor

Don't even bother; it won't happen. Your report would fold under peer review for any number of reasons (lack of logbook work, no PhD, not ISO/GLP certified, etc), and your research would be thrown out and discredited. The university would have nothing to show for giving you money. Even if you got amazing results, you would probably patent your ideas before the university could somehow profit from your discovery. Again, university has nothing to gain by giving you money.

I would look more towards government on this one. Not sure who you would ask though.

4. Oct 18, 2005 #3
    Yeah, I guess that contacting the government would be better. But who to contact?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?