How do i convert 9dm to meters?

• Thread starter leebongemail
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Convert
In summary, to convert 9 decimeters (dm) to meters (m), you can use dimensional analysis or multiply the value in decimeters by 1 E-1. Remember that 1 decimeter is equal to 10 centimeters, and the prefix "deci" indicates a conversion factor of 10^-1. It is important to understand the conversion process rather than just obtaining the answer.
leebongemail
how do i convert 9dm to meters?:rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
Use google/conversion tool. Or if you learn that 1 dm = 10cm then you can use that.

The prefix on the unit gives you the clue on how to convert it.

dm: decimeter, prex = "deci" = x 10^-1

Multiply The value in decimeters by 1 E-1 to obtain its value in meters,
9 dm * 1 E-1 m/dm = .9 m

List of metric prefixes,
http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/prefixes.html

1 m = 10 dm use dimensional analysis if it gets too complicated for brain alone to handle

mrjeffy321 said:
The prefix on the unit gives you the clue on how to convert it.

dm: decimeter, prex = "deci" = x 10^-1

Multiply The value in decimeters by 1 E-1 to obtain its value in meters,
9 dm * 1 E-1 m/dm = .9 m

List of metric prefixes,
http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/prefixes.html
Jeffy, do you not see the possibility that the OP will merely steal the answer from your post and not bother with understanding the conversion? Could you not have omitted that one line from your post?

There's a reason we insist on not handing out answers, especially if the OP does nothing more than post a homework question and disappear (in violation of the guidelines)!

Related to How do i convert 9dm to meters?

1. How do I convert 9dm to meters?

To convert 9dm to meters, you can use the conversion factor of 1dm = 0.1m. This means that 9dm is equal to 0.9m. Simply multiply 9 by 0.1 to get the equivalent value in meters.

2. What is the formula for converting 9dm to meters?

The formula for converting dm to meters is: meters = decimeters x 0.1. Therefore, to convert 9dm to meters, the formula would be: meters = 9dm x 0.1 = 0.9m.

3. Can I use a calculator to convert 9dm to meters?

Yes, you can use a calculator to convert 9dm to meters. Simply enter 9 and multiply it by 0.1 to get the equivalent value in meters.

4. Is 1dm the same as 1m?

No, 1dm is not the same as 1m. 1dm is equal to 0.1m, which means that 1m is equal to 10dm. It is important to pay attention to the units when converting between different metric measurements.

5. How do I convert 9dm to meters manually?

To convert 9dm to meters manually, you can use the conversion factor of 1dm = 0.1m. Start by writing down the value 9dm. Then, multiply it by 0.1 and you will get the answer of 0.9m. This method can be used for converting any dm to meters manually.