How do you make a bologna bottle?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, a bologna bottle is a strong glass bottle that can be used to pound nails, but will shatter if the inside is scratched. It is made by cooling the outside slowly and the inside quickly. The process can be found on online forums, but it is not recommended to cool off a coke bottle on a carpet. This question has been searched for extensively, but no answer has been found yet.
tribdog
A bologna bottle is a glass bottle that is hard enough to pound nails with, but if the inside is scratched the bottle shatters.
I know that the bottle is made by cooling the outside slowly and the inside quickly, but is this something anyone can do? how slowly does the outside have to cool and how quickly for the inside? can a coke bottle be turned into a bologna bottle?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Firstly this is my first post here so i'd just like to say a big hello to everyone here...Hello! I have been looking for the answer to this question all over the net and found nothing. can anyone help?

Thanks

1. How do you make a bologna bottle?

Making a bologna bottle involves a multi-step process. First, you will need to cut a piece of bologna into a flat, rectangular shape. Then, you will roll the bologna tightly around a cylindrical object, such as a pen or chopstick. Next, you will remove the cylindrical object and secure the bologna roll with toothpicks. Finally, you can fill the bologna bottle with your desired contents.

2. What type of bologna should be used to make a bologna bottle?

Any type of bologna can be used to make a bologna bottle, but thicker slices tend to work best. It is also important to use bologna that is pliable and not too dry, as it will be easier to roll and shape.

3. Can a bologna bottle be made with other types of lunch meat?

While bologna is the most commonly used lunch meat for making a bologna bottle, other types of lunch meat can also be used. Ham and turkey are popular alternatives, but it is important to use lunch meat that is pliable and easy to roll.

4. How long does it take to make a bologna bottle?

The time it takes to make a bologna bottle will vary depending on your skill level and the number of bottles you are making. Generally, it takes about 5-10 minutes to make one bologna bottle.

5. Can a bologna bottle be stored in the refrigerator?

Yes, a bologna bottle can be stored in the refrigerator. It is recommended to keep the bottle in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out. It is also important to consume the bologna bottle within a few days to ensure freshness.