How fast must a coil be rotating to produce a certain current

In summary, the conversation is about solving problems involving magnetic flux and forces. The first problem involves finding the maximum value of flux and resolving forces in x and y components. The second problem involves finding the velocity of a charged particle in a magnetic field. The conversation includes discussions on equations and assumptions used to solve the problems.
Mastur

Homework Statement

Untitled-40.png

The Attempt at a Solution

For letter A, my guess is ξ = dɸB/dt, ɸB = BA (since both magnetic field and the area are constants)

After substituting, I ended up with a hanging [itex]\frac{d}{dt}[/itex]..

I'm quite confused.

For letter B, I don't know. Will I use the same formula I've used in letter A?

Physics news on Phys.org

What result did you get? If you get a cos(wt) in your flux, you're on the right track.

What I have in hand is 116.504rad/s using the equation IR = wNBAsin(wt), with the assumption that the sin(wt) will become 1. (A=area, N=number of turns, w=angular speed)

I don't know how will I obtain t.

I don't know also if my answer is right..

Additional question, how can I resolve the forces in x and y component?

All I know is that Fx=m*a*cos(theta). I don't know for Fy.

You don't need t, the problem wants the maximum value. When is sine maximum?

I'm not sure what you mean for y without information on how you set up your axis. What do you need the force for anyway? Are you referring to do the second problem? The second problem is almost completely different from the first.

Yeah, I just used the equation Emax = wNBA, and Emax=ImaxR since when E is max, the sin(wt) should be equal to 1. And my answer is 19rev/s

For the second problem, I got around 1.9m/s. I don't know if I used the right equation. F=ILBsinx, F=mgsinx, E=-BLvcosx, E=IR, ending up with v=(mgR)/(B2L2cosx)

1. How does the speed of rotation affect the current produced by a coil?

The speed of rotation directly affects the current produced by a coil. As the speed increases, the current also increases. This is because the faster the coil rotates, the more magnetic flux is created, which in turn induces a higher current in the coil according to Faraday's law of induction.

2. What is the relationship between the frequency of rotation and the current produced?

The frequency of rotation and the current produced are directly proportional. This means that as the frequency of rotation increases, the current produced also increases. This is because a higher frequency of rotation means more cycles per second, resulting in a higher rate of change of magnetic flux and thus, a higher induced current.

3. How can I calculate the required speed of rotation to produce a certain current?

The required speed of rotation can be calculated using the formula: speed = (current * number of turns * magnetic flux) / (2 * pi * radius). This formula takes into account the factors that affect the induction of current in a coil, such as the current itself, the number of turns in the coil, the strength of the magnetic field, and the radius of the coil.

4. Can the current produced by a coil be increased by increasing the speed of rotation indefinitely?

No, there is a limit to how much the current can be increased by increasing the speed of rotation. This is because at a certain speed, the induced current reaches its maximum value and cannot be increased any further. This limit is determined by the other factors that affect the induction of current, such as the strength of the magnetic field and the number of turns in the coil.

5. What other factors, besides speed of rotation, can affect the current produced by a coil?

Besides the speed of rotation, the current produced by a coil can also be affected by the strength of the magnetic field, the number of turns in the coil, and the resistance of the circuit. A stronger magnetic field or a higher number of turns will result in a higher induced current, while a higher resistance will decrease the induced current.