Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How interesting an explanation for Lorentz Factor Symmetry?

1. May 28, 2015 #1
    Hi All,

Recently, in my earlier thread, I asked about the symmetry of Lorentz Factor (where +V == -V). I had several pointers about how to handle this (Thank you all those). However, it seemed unanimous that there was no explanation beyond the equation itself (math or physical).

Also, I mentioned that my problem was trying to find a correlation between Doppler Effect and Lorentz Factor. Such correlation was also not obvious (except in Transverse Doppler Effect).

Now I think that I have found an answer to both the problems! It is done under the following conditions of simplicity and consistency (which adds to my confidence):
    1. Only well known simple math equations used carefully.
    2. Stays within current Physics/Math without any new proposals.
    3. No conflict with any existing theory (except may be in least used boundaries).

I am not yet ready to discuss the details (which will jeopardize any publication possibility). Just looking at publishing/collaborating possibilities. I want to know how interesting/exciting such a finding will be? Consider that this has escaped for 125 years, yet fully stays within current science basics but will enlighten a very important Factor. I had to read as far back as Heaviside (1889) to overcome my skepticism of this result.

I understand that this will need to be verified/confirmed by peer review. But, I just want to know how interesting it will be to decide where to write (or if worth writing at all).

Thanks for any inputs.

PS: If it is not appropriate, I apologize. But don't know any better place to ask.

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2015 #2

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

PF is not the place for this. We don't discuss personal theories, which is what yours is unless and until it gets published and peer reviewed and becomes part of mainstream science. Thread closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook