Exploring Lorentz Factor Symmetry: A 125-Year Mystery

In summary, the conversation discussed the symmetry of the Lorentz Factor and the difficulty in finding a correlation between the Doppler Effect and the Lorentz Factor. The speaker believes they have found an answer to both problems, using well-known equations and staying within current physics and math. They are considering publishing their findings and are seeking input on the potential interest and excitement of their discovery. However, it was noted that personal theories are not appropriate for discussion on the platform.
Kanesan
Hi All,

Recently, in my earlier thread, I asked about the symmetry of Lorentz Factor (where +V == -V). I had several pointers about how to handle this (Thank you all those). However, it seemed unanimous that there was no explanation beyond the equation itself (math or physical).

Also, I mentioned that my problem was trying to find a correlation between Doppler Effect and Lorentz Factor. Such correlation was also not obvious (except in Transverse Doppler Effect).

Now I think that I have found an answer to both the problems! It is done under the following conditions of simplicity and consistency (which adds to my confidence):
1. Only well known simple math equations used carefully.
2. Stays within current Physics/Math without any new proposals.
3. No conflict with any existing theory (except may be in least used boundaries).

I am not yet ready to discuss the details (which will jeopardize any publication possibility). Just looking at publishing/collaborating possibilities. I want to know how interesting/exciting such a finding will be? Consider that this has escaped for 125 years, yet fully stays within current science basics but will enlighten a very important Factor. I had to read as far back as Heaviside (1889) to overcome my skepticism of this result.

I understand that this will need to be verified/confirmed by peer review. But, I just want to know how interesting it will be to decide where to write (or if worth writing at all).

Thanks for any inputs.

PS: If it is not appropriate, I apologize. But don't know any better place to ask.

Physics news on Phys.org
Kanesan said:
Just looking at publishing/collaborating possibilities.

PF is not the place for this. We don't discuss personal theories, which is what yours is unless and until it gets published and peer reviewed and becomes part of mainstream science. Thread closed.

1. What is the Lorentz Factor Symmetry?

The Lorentz Factor Symmetry is a fundamental concept in physics that describes the relationship between space and time in the theory of special relativity. It is denoted by the Greek letter gamma (γ) and is a ratio of the time experienced by an observer in motion to the time experienced by an observer at rest.

2. Why is the Lorentz Factor Symmetry important?

The Lorentz Factor Symmetry is important because it helps to explain the effects of time dilation and length contraction, which are essential components of special relativity. It also plays a crucial role in many modern technologies, such as GPS systems and particle accelerators.

3. What is the 125-Year Mystery surrounding the Lorentz Factor Symmetry?

The 125-Year Mystery refers to the fact that the Lorentz Factor Symmetry has been a fundamental concept in physics for over 125 years, yet its origin and exact mathematical form have remained a mystery. Despite its importance, there is still much debate and speculation among scientists about its true nature.

4. What are some potential applications of understanding the Lorentz Factor Symmetry?

Understanding the Lorentz Factor Symmetry could lead to advancements in various fields, including space travel, particle physics, and cosmology. It could also provide insights into the nature of time and space, which could have far-reaching implications for our understanding of the universe.

5. How are scientists currently exploring the Lorentz Factor Symmetry?

Scientists are using a variety of approaches, including theoretical calculations and experimental measurements, to explore the Lorentz Factor Symmetry. Some are also investigating its possible connections to other fundamental concepts, such as quantum mechanics and gravity, in hopes of gaining a deeper understanding of this 125-year-old mystery.