How to Apply a Non-Uniform Sinusoidal Load on a Cylinder in ANSYS?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 12K views
elena
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
How can I set a non uniform load (for example sin(x)) in on a cylinder ring?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Apdl

Hello elena,

you may get the coordinate of the node/element by apdl and define any function for the load also using apdl. Apdl is some kind of batch/script programming implemented within Ansys. You might inspect the detailled documentation/help for more informations. You also can send me a pm for a sample apdl-file.
 
I'm also studing same problem. I have a cylinder. I want to apply a non uniform load. I can apply one coordınate. I want to apply same load as parallel . Can you help me? How can I set load (depends on only x coordinate) in on a cylinder