How to connect USB mini-b plug to USB type A?

• Thread starter kloong
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Type Usb
In summary, to connect a USB mini-b plug to a USB type A port, you will need a USB mini-b to USB type A cable. No additional adapters are necessary as the cable already has the necessary connectors on both ends. The cable can also be used for charging, but it is important to check the power output of the USB type A port. The main difference between a USB mini-b plug and a USB type A port is their size and where they are commonly used. As long as both devices have the corresponding ports, there should not be any compatibility issues when using a USB mini-b to USB type A cable, but it is always a good idea to check the specifications of your devices beforehand.
kloong
Schematics?

Engineering news on Phys.org
One of the first results on google for "usb pinout": http://www.leonardonobre.com.br/wordpress/portuga/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/usb-pinout.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oopps. Okay. Haha. Thanks. I didn't see that.

FAQ: How to connect USB mini-b plug to USB type A?

1. How do I connect a USB mini-b plug to a USB type A port?

To connect a USB mini-b plug to a USB type A port, you will need a USB mini-b to USB type A cable. Simply plug the mini-b end into your device and the type A end into the port on your computer or other device.

2. Do I need any additional adapters to connect a USB mini-b plug to a USB type A port?

No, you do not need any additional adapters. The USB mini-b to USB type A cable already has the necessary connectors on both ends to connect the two devices.

3. Can I use a USB mini-b to USB type A cable to charge my device?

Yes, you can use a USB mini-b to USB type A cable to charge your device. However, make sure to check the power output of your USB type A port to ensure it is sufficient for your device's charging needs.

4. What is the difference between a USB mini-b plug and a USB type A port?

A USB mini-b plug is a smaller, rectangular connector often used on portable devices like cameras and smartphones. A USB type A port is a larger, rectangular port commonly found on computers and other devices.

5. Are there any compatibility issues when using a USB mini-b to USB type A cable?

As long as both devices have the corresponding ports, there should not be any compatibility issues when using a USB mini-b to USB type A cable. However, it is always a good idea to check the specifications of your devices to ensure they are compatible with each other.