How to Incorporate a Switch Activated by Zero Voltage in a Circuit?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Ry122
Messages
563
Reaction score
2
I have a circuit in which I have a constant voltage passing through until I hold down on a button at which point the voltage drops to zero. When I let go of the button the voltage returns to normal. I need to add to the circuit a switch which activates when a voltage of zero is passing through and remains turned on until a voltage of zero is again passing through.
How Can I do this?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Google Normally Closed Switch.

Multi pole relays have both normally open and normally closed contacts. Look for NO and NC on the case switch diagram.
 
Ry122 said:
I have a circuit in which I have a constant voltage passing through until I hold down on a button at which point the voltage drops to zero. When I let go of the button the voltage returns to normal. I need to add to the circuit a switch which activates when a voltage of zero is passing through and remains turned on until a voltage of zero is again passing through.
How Can I do this?
Voltage cannot pass through components in a circuit. Voltage is a quantity measured across terminals in a circuit. Only current can pass through components in a circuit. Any way from your question I guess you may have to use a negative edge triggered Toggle Flip Flop. The output of toggle flipflop should be connected to a relay.