1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to integrate?

1. Dec 15, 2006 #1
    how to integrate???

can anybody let me know how to integrate????

about integration factor???
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2006 #2
    that's an absurdly large question. you either don't know this, or expect people here to write whole chapters out of text books for you
  4. Dec 15, 2006 #3

Homework Helper

...which they won't do, so you'll browse through the tutorial section or get some instructing material somewhere on the internet, or, consult a book. :wink:
  5. Dec 15, 2006 #4
    well i was feeling good humoured enough to check the maths tutorials index before posting my reply. nothing on integration
  6. Dec 15, 2006 #5
    Integration and an integration factor are two very different things. One is your basic anti-derivative, and the other is used for exact differentials.

Integration is easy. Just like addition has its inverse law of subtraction, derivatives have its inverse law of integration. So if you want to find an integral you just figure out what function F(x) would give you the function you are given f(x) when you take its derivative. In other words, find a function F(x) such that F'(x)=f(x).

You are a long way off from integration factors.
  7. Dec 15, 2006 #6

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?