How to make hard metal toolkit handle from Polyethylene tube

In summary, the conversation discusses ways to create a handle for a hard metal tool using high density Polyethylene (HDPE) material. One option is to use a solid black HDPE rod and drill a pilot hole for the handle end of the tool. Another option is to use a two-part resin as filler or to split a tube length-wise and use wedges as packing. A third option is to melt HDPE chips in a closed metal container and pour it into a mold for the handle. The length and diameter of the HDPE pipe and the length of the handle are also mentioned.
abdulbadii
TL;DR Summary
Making toolkit handle from high density Polyethylene
How do we make hard metal toolkit handle from high density Polyethylene tube/pipe inside which the tool near end is united, glued by some material (black as seen for now, try to give pic. later on)

Engineering news on Phys.org
Get solid black HDPE rod. Drill a pilot hole in the end of the rod for the handle end of the hard metal tool.
Heat the handle end of the hard steel tool sufficiently to press it into the pilot hole in the HDPE.
The hot metal will melt the HDPE which will conform to the tool, stick and then shrink on.

Thanks... but sorry I've to suspend it moment as only way here & now is the hollow HDPE

abdulbadii said:
Thanks... but sorry I've to suspend it moment as only way here & now is the hollow HDPE
Sorry, could you please try that translation again? So far I'm not able to parse what you just said. Thanks.

Sorry, still not clear. Can you maybe reply in your native language, and I'll try to translate and interpret it? Thanks.

as said the way here & now is the hollow HDPE

P_20210910_081800.jpg
P_20210910_081800.jpg

What is ID & OD of HDPE pipe, what is length of handle?

Here are three more ways.
1. Use a two part resin as a filler. Maybe polyurethane or whatever is used nearby.
2. Split some tube length-ways in a bandsaw to make packing to fit in the handle. At the same time cut some long thin tapered wedges. Hammer the wedges into the tube as packing around the metal. Secure the wedges by melting the ends together at the ends of the pipe.
3. Cut up HDPE tube into chips, then melt it in a closed metal container, (to keep out air).
Pour the melt into an HDPE tube handle or a mold, then wait for it to cool.

1. How do I start the process of making a hard metal toolkit handle from a polyethylene tube?

The first step is to gather all the necessary materials and tools. This includes a polyethylene tube, metal rod, heat gun, pliers, and a saw. Make sure to also have proper safety equipment such as goggles and gloves.

2. What type of metal is best to use for the toolkit handle?

The best type of metal to use for the handle would be a strong and durable metal such as stainless steel or aluminum. These metals are able to withstand heavy use and provide a sturdy grip for the handle.

3. How do I shape the metal rod to fit inside the polyethylene tube?

Using a heat gun, heat up the metal rod until it becomes pliable. Then, use pliers to bend and shape the rod to fit inside the polyethylene tube. You may need to heat the rod multiple times to achieve the desired shape.

4. Can I use any type of polyethylene tube for this project?

No, it is important to use a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) tube for this project. This type of tube is strong and able to withstand the heat from the metal rod without melting or deforming.

5. How do I secure the metal rod inside the polyethylene tube?

Once the metal rod is shaped and fitted inside the tube, use a saw to cut a small slit on each end of the tube. Then, use pliers to bend the ends of the tube over the metal rod to secure it in place. You can also use adhesive or epoxy for extra reinforcement.