Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to program?

1. Jan 18, 2008 #1
    i have made programs on my TI83+ than i bought a TI89+ Titanium but i have never programed in C++ or any other programming language. so could anyone tell me about how to program in C++ and the key differences between C++ and TI basic? if anyone wnats my programs contact me with youe E-mail and i will send them to you.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2008 #2
    and what is assembely programming
  4. Jan 18, 2008 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

C++ and TI-BASIC are similar in both being programming languages; they differ radically in most other respects (syntax, power, and compiled vs. interpreted).

Assembly language is the most privative language that people program in; it gives the computer the commands it uses directly, with only a small amount of work being done to translate into machine code (e.g. replacing variable names with memory locations).
  5. Jan 22, 2008 #4
    so TI-basic and C++ are more complex them Assembly language?
    How could i program in C++ or Assembly on my TI83+/ TI89+ or is it even possable?
  6. Jan 22, 2008 #5

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

in your manual you should have info how programming in your texas should work. I have Ti83, and everything is in the manual.

For general ideas how to program, search for tutorials on google. There is also a thread in this subforum about intro. programming in C++
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?