Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A How to start my reading for 2D screening models

1. Apr 13, 2017 #1
    Hi All,

I needed some help or guidance starting my MSc reading, as there is tonnes of literature out there and it's difficult to understand what is necessary. I am beginning to look at applying screening models to a 2D system, such as the Thomas-Fermi continuum screening model, to a 2D system, and I've found many papers which consider it each a different way. I understand about linear response RPA dielectric screening and partially get the Thomas Fermi approximation, but am not sure how this is treated non-linearly. I'm trying to read on methods to parameterise a screened potential using TF but it isn't clear to me how I would do that. Does anyone know where I can start reading about the details of TF screening potentials of an external charge impurity in a 2D system? What are the main assumptions and approximations in the TF screening model? Cheers.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted