Is Asking a Woman Out Only for the Bold?

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary, the conversation is discussing tips for someone who has never asked a woman out before, with some joking and personal experiences shared. The main points include looking for signs of interest, not being afraid of rejection, and not trying to understand women too much.
MissSilvy said:
You can always say 'no'. A statement isn't a binding legal agreement and I certainly didn't just march up to them and demand we go out. It was said in a playful manner and apparently I wasn't rude enough that they ran away.

Phew, between punching or getting offended at chicks who are interested in you, it's no wonder guys have woman troubles :(

I wasn't there so I can't comment on how it came off. I'm sure it can be done. Just reading it like that it seems rather pushy and rude lol.

Like I said, I have had women approach me like that (the way that I imagine it from reading it anyway) and not because they were interested in me. Some guys may find it off putting and not necessarily because they are dorks who don't know how to handle a woman or something.

But I guess if you can do it right its a good pick up line. :-)

Physics news on Phys.org
I had coffee with a nice girl today. :approve: .

TheStatutoryApe said:
I wasn't there so I can't comment on how it came off. I'm sure it can be done. Just reading it like that it seems rather pushy and rude lol.

Like I said, I have had women approach me like that (the way that I imagine it from reading it anyway) and not because they were interested in me. Some guys may find it off putting and not necessarily because they are dorks who don't know how to handle a woman or something.

But I guess if you can do it right its a good pick up line. :-)

I think its success depends on whether the person you're asking out is also interested in you already. I think if the guy has been already watching her, trying to figure out if he has a chance, and just hasn't gotten up the courage to ask yet, then that approach is likely to work well...he's going to breathe a huge sigh of relief that she saved him from having to do the asking. On the other hand, if you're just walking up to a random stranger who you think is cute, there's a good chance he's going to think you're absolutely insane.

whitay said:
I had coffee with a nice girl today. :approve: .

whitay said:
Ofcourse it is me. Am I not pretty?

I am confused about your sex

MissSilvy said:
Phew, between punching or getting offended at chicks who are interested in you, it's no wonder guys have woman troubles :(

I for one would never get mad, let alone punch a girl, for asking me out. I'd actually probably find it rather endearing. I wish girls would ask me out, it takes a lot of pressure off of me, but I guess I'm to ugly.

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
I think its success depends on whether the person you're asking out is also interested in you already. I think if the guy has been already watching her, trying to figure out if he has a chance, and just hasn't gotten up the courage to ask yet, then that approach is likely to work well...he's going to breathe a huge sigh of relief that she saved him from having to do the asking. On the other hand, if you're just walking up to a random stranger who you think is cute, there's a good chance he's going to think you're absolutely insane.
Exactly. The guys I used it on I knew already and had an inkling they might be interested. They did all love that I asked, and the humorous way it's asked relieved the tension. The closest I came to a rejection was a guy that I worked with at the bookstore. When I asked, his response was that he couldn't take me out Friday, he already had plans, then he asked "can we go out Saturday?

rootX said:
I am confused about your sex

I would prefer not to disclose such things over the internet.

whitay said:
I would prefer not to disclose such things over the internet.

Utimately, sex is what we're talking about... isn't it? Might just be me. :)

drankin said:
Utimately, sex is what we're talking about... isn't it? Might just be me. :)

Well yeah!