Frustrated and Overwhelmed Student: Time to Change Majors?

In summary, Ivan is upset about his final exam and his friend moving away. He thanks his supporters and declares himself "shagadelic."
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm not mighty. I suck. Man, am I in a Donatella Versace mood. :mad: I swear if anyone walks in my office I'll throw things at their head. GET OUT! grrr.
I hate midterms. I hate neuroscience. I hate artificial intelligence. I hate essay questions. Especially when there's four on a midterm you only get about an hour to do and that's on top of all the multiple choice fill in the blank questions. My stomach hurts. My eyes are red. I haven't slept well in days.
I should change my major. I should get a life.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey, me too!

I had a 4 hour final exam on fluid dynamics today.

2 sodas, 2 red bulls, and 2 hours of sleep later its finally over. (well, except for this project due monday, doooh!).

Chuck it all up and come visit uncle Wollie :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
I'm not mighty. I suck. Man, am I in a Donatella Versace mood. :mad: I swear if anyone walks in my office I'll throw things at their head. GET OUT! grrr.
I hate midterms. I hate neuroscience. I hate artificial intelligence. I hate essay questions. Especially when there's four on a midterm you only get about an hour to do and that's on top of all the multiple choice fill in the blank questions. My stomach hurts. My eyes are red. I haven't slept well in days.

Hang in there.

We're all behind you. :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
I'm not mighty. I suck. Man, am I in a Donatella Versace mood. I swear if anyone walks in my office I'll throw things at their head. GET OUT! grrr.
:uhh:

* Hugs MIH *

Don't let the stress get to you. You will be successful. :smile:

For an upset tummy, try de-carbonated coke.

Think positively. :smile:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Hey, me too!

I had a 4 hour final exam on fluid dynamics today.

2 sodas, 2 red bulls, and 2 hours of sleep later its finally over. (well, except for this project due monday, doooh!).
you too, huh. these summer classes are so freakin' condensed.
let's get drunk. no, wait. I'm still at work. this sucks.:grumpy:

wolram said:
Chuck it all up and come visit uncle Wollie :biggrin:
Yay! I would love to go to see Uncle Wollie's cott.
Actually another reason I'm in a s**t mood is that my best bud is moving to Ireland in about 3 weeks.:cry: So maybe I will be coming across the pond soon.

Thanks for your supportiveness, Ivan and Astronuc. You guys are the coolest!:smile: :smile: :smile: Really, I mean it.

Math Is Hard said:
you too, huh. these summer classes are so freakin' condensed.
let's get drunk. no, wait. I'm still at work. this sucks.:grumpy:

I'll drink to that :wink:

Schools offer classes in the summer? :tongue2:

This is actually my first summer off, and I actually can't wait for school to start back up again (Aug 21st yay). Not having summer classes is not all it's cracked up to be though. I mean, after waking up at 10-11, eating a casual breakfast, doing my daily kakuro, I then have to wait about 4 hours til Seinfeld comes on :cry:

Good luck you crazy summer class taking people, I am sure you will get through it, and graduate before lazy people like myself :smile:

http://www.reelwavs.com/movies/austin_powers/smashing.wav" play the seventh clip from the top)

ausdance.gif

Attachments

• ausdance.gif
    ausdance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 355
Last edited by a moderator:
mattmns said:
Schools offer classes in the summer? :tongue2:

This is actually my first summer off, and I actually can't wait for school to start back up again (Aug 21st yay). Not having summer classes is not all it's cracked up to be though. I mean, after waking up at 10-11, eating a casual breakfast, doing my daily kakuro, I then have to wait about 4 hours til Seinfeld comes on :cry:

Good luck you crazy summer class taking people, I am sure you will get through it, and graduate before lazy people like myself :smile:
Thanks! I will be strong. Three more weeks til freedom. Well, pseudo-freedom. I'll get a break from classes anyway.

Aether said:
http://www.reelwavs.com/movies/austin_powers/smashing.wav" play the seventh clip from the top)

ausdance.gif
Hey, that's very cool. 'Tis better to be shagadelic than mighty! :approve:

To Math Is Hard,

"[MEDIA=youtube[/URL] to the lyrics.

Dear god, that video makes me want to punch someone in the face :yuck:

Oh MIH! Hang in there, I will send you something when I get home. :smile:

George Jones said:
To Math Is Hard,

"[MEDIA=youtube[/URL] to the lyrics.[/QUOTE]
I liked that. Thanks, GJ! Yeah, I hear the message loud and clear. :smile:

[quote]Dear god, that video makes me want to punch someone in the face [/quote]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
NO way are we going drinking then. You're too violent! You'll get us in a bar fight!

Evo said:
Oh MIH! Hang in there, I will send you something when I get home. :smile:
Thanks, Evo. Send me some fruit bat pics. That will cheer me up!

Math Is Hard said:

I am sure you did just fine MIH. Keep your eyes on the goal. Just like climbing a mountain...Don't look down until you are at the top and can see the other side.
http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/rose.gif

larkspur said:
I am sure you did just fine MIH. Keep your eyes on the goal. Just like climbing a mountain...Don't look down until you are at the top and can see the other side.
http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/rose.gif
[/URL]
thanks, Larkspur. you are so sweet. wow- I like that rose!:cool:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Dear god, that video makes me want to punch someone in the face :yuck:

I know, you're way too cool for that. :rolleyes:

These guys are all Newfoundlanders, and, as such, anyone them would easily leave you under the table while they went to check out the next bar down the road.

Hang in there MIH! You'll make it through. The summer's going to be over before I've even realized it's here, so those classes will be ending in a hurry and you can get on to...fall classes. :tongue2: But, at least those go at a normal pace. Summer classes are grueling for both the students and professors...trying to compact material into just a few short weeks is really difficult.

And, besides, you're not allowed to hate neuroscience, or you're going to have to deal with me and DocToxyn! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Hang in there MIH! You'll make it through. The summer's going to be over before I've even realized it's here, so those classes will be ending in a hurry and you can get on to...fall classes. :tongue2: But, at least those go at a normal pace. Summer classes are grueling for both the students and professors...trying to compact material into just a few short weeks is really difficult.

And, besides, you're not allowed to hate neuroscience, or you're going to have to deal with me and DocToxyn! :biggrin:
Thanks, MoonB. Don't worry about me. I just needed a good grumble. Did you ever see that episode of Married with Children where they try to teach Kelly enough to pass her senior year of high school? Bud says. "When you take a gallon of knowledge, and you pour it into a thimble of a brain, there's going to be some spillage." :rofl: I can relate to that right now.

Math Is Hard said:
Thanks, MoonB. Don't worry about me. I just needed a good grumble. Did you ever see that episode of Married with Children where they try to teach Kelly enough to pass her senior year of high school? Bud says. "When you take a gallon of knowledge, and you pour it into a thimble of a brain, there's going to be some spillage." :rofl: I can relate to that right now.
:rofl: Yep, neuroscience will do that to you. The med students here get forewarned that in their 7 week course, they're going to learn a few thousand new terms. Then the course coordinator puts up a slide that asks, "What's the easy way to learn neuroscience?" And follows that with the answer, "There is no easy way!" :rofl:

George Jones said:
I know, you're way too cool for that. :rolleyes:

These guys are all Newfoundlanders, and, as such, anyone them would easily leave you under the table while they went to check out the next bar down the road.

:rofl: I've been to New-fan-laand, there nice people.

For Mih - Fruit bat pictures :biggrin:

Attachments

• ricco6.jpg
    ricco6.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 357
  • ricco4.jpg
    ricco4.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 361
  • ricco2.jpg
    ricco2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 429
That's a nice pet squirrel.

Evo said:
For Mih - Fruit bat pictures :biggrin:

hahaha! Oh my god. Is that your dog? :approve: That thing is awesome!

The image on the left looks like "I see fruit" expression. :tongue2:

Oh, Evo! Your fruit bat is so cute!

thank you for the pictures! :cool:

He's my best friend. :approve: When I tell him that I love him, he doesn't answer with "I don't know how to respond to that".

Last night we ate hard boiled eggs and peaches for dinner. He was in heaven.

Whenever I drink fruit juice, I have to pour some in a saucer for him.

I hope things lighten up some for you soon MIH!

AI/NS; exams in july; what's is your major?

Evo said:
He's my best friend. :approve: When I tell him that I love him, he doesn't answer with "I don't know how to respond to that".
I hear ya. Of course, it would be a little weird if men responded to "I love you" like cats and dogs do. They would lick your nose, or start purring and rubbing against your legs. I might be a little uncomfortable with that! :biggrin:

You reminded me of this cute little movie BobG posted on my birthday:
http://www.kristydirects.com/kitten2.mov

Now that's how to say I love you! :!)

neurocomp2003 said:
AI/NS; exams in july; what's is your major?
Hi nc. I am in the cognitive science program, not completely sure of my specialization, but I am very interested in animal cognition.

What about you?

Neuroscience is hard. Let's go shopping!

Math Is Hard said:
Hi nc. I am in the cognitive science program, not completely sure of my specialization, but I am very interested in animal cognition.
(Psst... linguists put the ling in bling-bling... (in the second bling, to be precise).)

You guys seem to have forgotten everything that TV has tried to teach you. The hero always feels discouraged and pushed to their limits right before they do their hero thing and save the world. It makes for better drama. :smile: