I am so much better than Macgyver its not even funny

• Thread starter franznietzsche
  • Start date
  • Tags
    even Funny
In summary, the speaker was able to fix their broken CPU by using a thumbtack and a staple. They were able to successfully transplant it to a new motherboard and the system now works perfectly. The conversation also includes discussions about Macgyver's impressive problem-solving skills and anecdotes about using unconventional methods to fix various items.
franznietzsche
I fixed my broken CPU with a thumbtack and a staple. It works beatifully now, good as new. I'd like to see Macgyver top that.

Physics news on Phys.org
franznietzsche said:
I fixed my broken CPU with a thumbtack and a staple. It works beatifully now, good as new. I'd like to see Macgyver top that.

He'll kill you with a mouse and a flashlight.

I once saw him merely glance at a train, and it stopped out of fear.

Well, that and the duct tape he put on the tracks.

So what. Feynman used to fix radios by thinking.

Pengwuino said:

Bah, that panzy couldn't fight his way out of a prison with a tube sock and a pack of gum if his life depended on it...oh wait...

Really though, it was pretty terrifying.

Are you conspiring to deflect Aunt Selma and Aunt Patty's ( from the Simpsons) affections for MacGuyver to yourself? :rofl: :biggrin: :devil:

That's nothing. I had to make a call with a cell phone with a broken battery. I took the battery from a different cell phone (which didn't fit) and hooked it up with three trash can bag binders, it worked :biggrin:

I know how to nail jello to a tree.

Monique said:
That's nothing. I had to make a call with a cell phone with a broken battery. I took the battery from a different cell phone (which didn't fit) and hooked it up with three trash can bag binders, it worked :biggrin:
I'm actually impressed. I would have rejected the notion of the binders thinking they'd heat up too much and not deliver enough voltage.

Ivan Seeking said:
I knew that I couldn't be the only one who can't make it right.

I was trapped at work all day without a lighter once, so I cut the plug off of a lamp cord, pulled out a couple of the thin strands of wire, and used the batteries out of my camera to make a resistance heater. :approve:
Luckily, one of my customers who showed up later had a spare lighter and gave it to me before I had to try it again.

Physics is Phun said:
I once saw him merely glance at a train, and it stopped out of fear.
That wasn't Macguyver, it was Chuck Norris.

As the standard list of Chuck Norris facts said, Chuck Norris counted to infinity... twice! I'd like to see Macguyver do that, even with a rubber band, a staple and two cocktail sticks!

I wonder how that will hold up O___O

Ivan Seeking said:
It'l be a cold day when that happens.

moose said:
I wonder how that will hold up O___O

My CPU? just fine. its also currently overclocked to 2.4 Ghz from 1.8 originially. Gotta love AMD.

Pengwuino said:
Everyone knows MacGuyver doesn't kill anyone. :rolleyes: He's just use the cord of the mouse to make a loop to pick up a water droplet that he'd use as a lens (now, shush, we're talking MacGuyver here...he could do it :approve:) to amplify the light from the flashlight to momentarily blind you while he tossed the ball from the mouse under your foot to trip you, and could then bind you with his trusty roll of duct tape. :biggrin:

moose said:
O___O
What is this, anyway?

zoobyshoe said:
What is this, anyway?

O_O is like :bugeye:

except that :bugeye: resembles more closely to O.O

Integral said:
It'l be a cold day when that happens.

Its even easier if you leave it in the box.

Ivan Seeking said:
Its even easier if you leave it in the box.
So, thinking outside the box means to stay inside the box?! :bugeye: :rofl:

Ok, if I'm stranded on a desert island, I want franz, Monique and danger with me.

I just found out that my new refridgerator only runs when the sump pump is on. :bugeye: Please...someone get me out of this house. :cry:

Evo said:
I just found out that my new refridgerator only runs when the sump pump is on. :bugeye: Please...someone get me out of this house. :cry:
And everyone argued with me when I suggested being leery of houses with sump pumps. :rolleyes: :tongue:

Evo said:
Ok, if I'm stranded on a desert island, I want franz, Monique and danger with me.

It could be worse; like, your water faucets only work when the sump pump is running.

Do you mean when the pump is running or when the breaker is on. They usually have a float switch that actually turns the pump on and off.

When the pump runs, my fridge runs, when the pump is off, my fridge turns off.

I don't understand. How could it be broken in such a way that a thumbtack and a staple could fix it? :tongue2:

I was just going to ask that. It seems no body else asked before me but you.

AlphaNumeric said:
That wasn't Macguyver, it was Chuck Norris.

As the standard list of Chuck Norris facts said, Chuck Norris counted to infinity... twice! I'd like to see Macguyver do that, even with a rubber band, a staple and two cocktail sticks!
ya well when the boogieman goes to sleep, he checks his closet for... CHUCK NORRIS

glad to be back guys

you bite your tongue on MacGuyver, he is the ULTIMATE Engineer, out school of engineering have shirt every year and quotes and stuff from MacGuyver is what shows up the most

Perhaps that Technology Guru award should be changed to a MacGyver Award.

devious_ said:
I don't understand. How could it be broken in such a way that a thumbtack and a staple could fix it? :tongue2:

Well, I was transplanting it from one motherboard to another and accidently flattened one of the pins in the process. Wasn't being as careful as I should have been. It was flush against the chip. When inserted like that, all the system did was beep when it failed to boot. Pulled it out, fixed the pin, reinserted it, and it worked.

What makes you think you are better than Macgyver?

I am constantly coming up with innovative solutions to problems and I am not limited by the tools or resources available to me.

What sets you apart from Macgyver?

I have a deep understanding of scientific principles and can apply them in creative ways to solve complex problems.

Can you give an example of a situation where you were better than Macgyver?

One time, I was stuck in the wilderness with only a few basic supplies. Using my knowledge of chemistry, I was able to create a makeshift water filtration system to purify water for drinking.

How do you handle situations that Macgyver would struggle with?

I approach problems with a systematic and analytical mindset, using logic and critical thinking to find the best solution. I am also not afraid to take risks and think outside the box.

Do you think you could outsmart Macgyver in a problem-solving challenge?

I believe that my scientific knowledge and problem-solving skills give me an advantage over Macgyver in any challenge. However, I also recognize and admire Macgyver's creativity and resourcefulness, so it would be a tough competition.