Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ideas for review paper on combustion

1. Feb 19, 2008 #1
    For a project in my combustion class, I have to do a review paper on an area of combustion research. I don't know a lot about this field or the technologies that are at the forefront, so I was hoping the people on this board could help me out. I'm kind of a sci-fi geek, so I would like something that could be tied into that (unfortunately, the FTL drives of Battlestar Galactica aren't anywhere on the horizon)!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2008 #2
    In my humble opinion a report on combustion if i wrote it would consist of the history and fundamentals of internal combustion it is a fascinating topic and today is used for such a wide variety of things you could report on any application you are most intrested in such as automobiles,motorcycles,planes,boats,rockets and virtually every industry in one way shape or form one topic close to my heart is to use engines to compress natural gas to power companys that then use yet more internal combustion to create electricity.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?