Im trying to work out the acceleration and ave velocity for a model helicopter

In summary, the chopper, weighing 700g, is propelled by a 10N force for 10 seconds. Using the equation a=Fnet/mass, the average acceleration is calculated to be 14.28m/s/s. The final velocity is found using the equation V=Vi+at and is equal to 142.8m/s. The average velocity is calculated to be 71.4m/s using the equation 1/2(Vi-Vf). The total distance traveled is found to be 711m, with a small discrepancy of a few meters.
nickowen5

Homework Statement

The chopper is 700g and is being pushed with a 10N force(thrust), it flies for 10 secs

Homework Equations

I need to work out the ave acceleration, velocity and distance traveled after 10 secs

The Attempt at a Solution

im sure I am doing something wrong, i know
a=Fnet/mass which gives a=10N/.7 = 14.28m/s/s
velocity final = V=Vi+at = V=142.8ms
ave velocity = 1/2(Vi-Vf) = 71.4ms
distance = 71.4ms x 10 secs = 711m

It just seems to high a number, any help wuould be greatly appreciated

Physics news on Phys.org
apart from a small discrepancy [a few meters] in your distance calc, it all look good to me.

Related to Im trying to work out the acceleration and ave velocity for a model helicopter

What is acceleration?

Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity with respect to time. In other words, it is the measure of how quickly the velocity of an object is changing.

How is acceleration calculated?

Acceleration can be calculated by dividing the change in velocity by the change in time. The formula for acceleration is: a = (v2 - v1) / (t2 - t1), where a is acceleration, v1 and v2 are the initial and final velocities, and t1 and t2 are the initial and final times.

What is average velocity?

Average velocity is the total displacement of an object divided by the total time taken. It is a measure of the overall speed and direction of an object.

How is average velocity calculated?

Average velocity can be calculated by dividing the total displacement by the total time taken. The formula for average velocity is: v = d / t, where v is average velocity, d is displacement, and t is time.

How can I determine the acceleration and average velocity for a model helicopter?

To determine the acceleration and average velocity for a model helicopter, you will need to measure the change in its velocity over a certain time period. You can do this by using a speedometer or by recording the time it takes for the helicopter to travel a certain distance. Once you have the necessary measurements, you can use the formulas for acceleration and average velocity to calculate the values.