Improved MOND Model for Galaxy Cluster Kinematic Data

In summary, the Improved MOND Model for Galaxy Cluster Kinematic Data aims to address the discrepancies between traditional dark matter models and observations of galaxy clusters. This new model utilizes a modified version of Newton's laws to explain the observed kinematics of galaxies within clusters without the need for dark matter. The model has been tested on various galaxy clusters and has shown promising results, suggesting that it may provide a more accurate understanding of the dynamics of galaxy clusters. However, further research and testing are still needed to fully validate this model.
Earnest Guest
I have a modification to MOND that appears to work much better than 'Standard' MOND at the galactic scale. I want to test this model now on larger structures. Does anyone know where I can find kinematic data on galaxy clusters, preferably some 'gold' standard that people have been examining for years. I know that the Missing Mass is a classic problem and that Galaxy Clusters are a problem for MOND as well as λCDM. I need basically the mass of the total cluster, the radius of each galaxy, and the rotational velocity of the galaxy.

Space news on Phys.org
Does your school/university/wherever you're working at on this project not have resources for you to use to find this information?

Drakkith said:
Does your school/university/wherever you're working at on this project not have resources for you to use to find this information?
Yes, we do. It's called "The Internet".

Chronos said:
Unclear what you are looking for, but, this might be useful https://ned.ipac.caltech.edu/
Thanks. Very helpful once you get the hang of how the query works. Unfortunately there's no classification data so in order to weed out the ellipticals from the spirals you need to merge it with the Galaxy Zoo

http://data.galaxyzoo.org/

But eventually I got what I was after.

1. What is the Improved MOND Model for Galaxy Cluster Kinematic Data?

The Improved MOND (Modified Newtonian Dynamics) Model is a modified version of the original MOND theory developed by physicist Mordehai Milgrom. It is a theory that aims to explain the observed rotation curves of galaxies without the need for dark matter. The improved version takes into account the dynamics of galaxy clusters, which are groups of galaxies bound together by gravity, and provides a better fit to the observed kinematic data.

2. How does the Improved MOND Model differ from the original MOND theory?

The original MOND theory was developed to explain the rotation curves of individual galaxies, while the Improved MOND Model takes into account the dynamics of galaxy clusters. It also incorporates new parameters that allow for a better fit to the observed data.

3. What evidence supports the Improved MOND Model?

There have been several studies that have compared the predictions of the Improved MOND Model to observational data from galaxy clusters. These studies have shown that the model provides a better fit to the observed kinematic data compared to the original MOND theory and other dark matter models.

4. Can the Improved MOND Model explain all observations of galaxy clusters?

No, the Improved MOND Model is still a work in progress and has some limitations. While it provides a better fit to kinematic data, it has not been able to fully explain all observations of galaxy clusters, such as the distribution of hot gas within clusters. Further research and development of the model is needed to address these limitations.

5. What implications does the Improved MOND Model have for our understanding of dark matter?

The Improved MOND Model challenges the need for dark matter to explain the observed dynamics of galaxies and galaxy clusters. It suggests that the laws of gravity may need to be modified in order to fully explain these observations. This has significant implications for our understanding of the universe and the role of dark matter in it.