Solving Infinite Integral - Get Help Here!

In summary, solving infinite integrals can be a challenging task, but there are resources available to help. These include online forums, tutoring services, and instructional videos. It is important to understand the concept of limits and use proper techniques, such as substitution and integration by parts, when approaching these types of integrals. With the right guidance and practice, solving infinite integrals can become more manageable.
romeo6
Hey folks, can anyone give me some pointers with the following:

[tex]-\frac{1}{2}\sum_{m,n}\frac{\partial}{\partial s}|_{s=0}\int\frac{d^4k}{(2\pi)^4}(k^2+M^2_{m,n})^{-s}[/tex]

[tex]=-\frac{1}{32\pi^2}\frac{\partial}{\partial s}|_{s=-2}\frac{1}{s(s+1)}\sum_{m,n}(M_{m,n}^2)^{-s}[/tex]

Any hints here would be great, my Schaums isn't coming in too useful here.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
What is it that you're trying to show? Equality? At the moment this doesn't mean anything - you need to properly define the problem. Until then it's impossible to help you.

Well, I'm trying to understand how the k integral was done.

If its any help its from equation 1 of http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0301168

What is an infinite integral?

An infinite integral is a type of integral that has an infinite limit of integration. This means that the upper or lower boundary of the integral goes to infinity.

Why are infinite integrals difficult to solve?

Infinite integrals can be difficult to solve because they require advanced mathematical techniques, such as integration by parts or substitution, and may involve complex functions.

Can all infinite integrals be solved?

No, not all infinite integrals can be solved analytically. In some cases, the integral may not have a closed-form solution and can only be approximated numerically.

What are some common strategies for solving infinite integrals?

Some common strategies for solving infinite integrals include using partial fractions, trigonometric substitutions, and recognizing patterns to simplify the integral.

How can I get help with solving an infinite integral?

If you are having trouble solving an infinite integral, you can seek help from a math tutor, consult online resources and forums, or consult with a fellow scientist or math expert for guidance.