Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Infraction points

1. Aug 17, 2015 #1
    Dear PF Forum,
    Where can I see my infraction points?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2015 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Uh oh ... Stephanus, have you been getting infraction points? Shame on you! I, of course, would NEVER get any :oldlaugh:

I think there's always a PM explaining any demerits you get so check your conversations.

4. Aug 17, 2015 #3
    I don't know whether I get it or not. I get General Warning. And I see the rule/guidelines. There are infraction points and trophy points. I can see my trophy points, but I can't see my Infraction points. Where are they?

5. Aug 17, 2015 #4
    It's not possible for the user to check their warning points. It's a big flaw in the software that we hope will get patched. I will PM your total.

6. Aug 17, 2015 #5
    Thanks Greg

7. Aug 17, 2015 #6

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

You've got to get the minions more on the ball !

8. Aug 17, 2015 #7
    Yeah I already get it. Six months on parole

9. Aug 17, 2015 #8

Orodruin

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

On the other hand, if you stay on the right side of the guidelines you should not need to worry about it ... :wink:

10. Aug 17, 2015 #9
    Well, please don't get the "ban button" fixed, I've been there before :eek:. I did myself get a general warning the other night that, admittedly, I feel I deserved. Sorry Greg. However, since PF switched to the new format about, what is it a year ago? PF has been a kindlier, friendlier forum, as in how the IRS became a kindlier, friendlier IRS I think it was in 2007? Before that, the IRS summarily executed you on site.

11. Aug 17, 2015 #10

Orodruin

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Are you sure you are not confusing it with the time when I became a mentor, which was about the same? :biggrin:

Oh, we still do that to the really serious crackpots ... Well ... ban, not execute, it is the internet after all ...

12. Aug 17, 2015 #11

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Exactly. One only needs to know their point total if they want to plan exactly how many more violations they can commit before being shown the door.

13. Aug 17, 2015 #12

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Except, that depending on if violations are repeated or are very bad, you can go from no points to a complete ban. In other words, read the rules, follow the rules, if you aren't sure if what you plan to post breaks the rules, contact a mentor. Many times a member wasn't sure if what they wanted to post met the rules and together we worked out a solution, sometimes they just couldn't find an appropriate source and I found one for them.

The mentors want to help you, contact us if you aren't sure.

14. Aug 17, 2015 #13

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Well, the "Guillotine Protocol" is scheduled to go into effect tomorrow. You have been warned. :biggrin:

15. Aug 17, 2015 #14
    Lol. Thanks for the warning, I will be forging my iron neckbrace this evening.?:)

16. Aug 18, 2015 #15
    Come on... It's not that.

17. Aug 18, 2015 #16

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Uh ... you wouldn't do that to a nice friendly dog, now would you, slobber, slobber?

18. Aug 19, 2015 #17
    Is that a dog? All this time I thought it's a bear or at least a white monkey.
    Now about this infraction point.
    What if we get 8 out of 8?
    We can't visit www.physicsforums.com?
    We can visit but we can't sign in?
    We can sign in but we can't see any forum?
    We see any forum, but we can't reply or like?
    We can't post a new thread?
    Can we still search for a particular topic.?

19. Aug 19, 2015 #18

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I think 10 out of 10 is the magic number, unless you get a temp ban earlier for collecting fewer points too quickly:

This video shows what happens when you get the hammer dropped on you:

20. Aug 19, 2015 #19
    What???
    Hmmm....
    Well, at least he still got the broken sword.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook