How can I solve integrals with enthalpy and entropy in thermodynamics?

In summary, the individual is seeking help with solving enthalpy and entropy integrals found on the 4th page of a PDF link. They need to use Z=PV/RT and B=Pb/RT in the integration process to obtain the results shown on the 5th page of the PDF link. They are specifically looking to derive equations 4.4-29 and 4.4-30 from equations 4.4-27 and 4.4-28, respectively. They apologize for potentially wasting the expert's time but they did not have any other options for help.
nataliapw21
I come from Poland and I had to visit this site because I didn't find solution for my problem. I was given a task to solve an integral with enthalpy and entropy. The problem is that I don't know how to solve the integral I was given. I'm sorry that I'm wasting your time but I didn't have any choice and I'm asking you for help.

The enthalpy and entropy integrals are here at 4 page (on the top of the site) in this pdf link

http://webpages.sdsmt.edu/~ddixon/Departure_Fxns.pdf

I don't know the way from integral to the result of enthalpy and entropy integrals but the result I have to get after integration is at 5 page of pdf link in frames I wrote. Those results are also at that page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departure_function. I need to know how to solve those integrals to get the results shown at 5 page of pdf link in frames.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Not sure what you are asking.

Please confirm you are trying to derive analytically

equation 4.4-29 from equation 4.4-27

and

equation 4.4-30 from equation 4.4-28

yes from 4.4-22 enthalpy integral I need to get 4.4-29 result after integration, and from 4.4-23 entropy integral I need to get 4.4-30 result after integration. In the integration I can use Z=PV/RT and B=Pb/RT. I have no idea how to integrate those integrals so please help me, thank you

1. What is the integral in thermodynamics?

The integral in thermodynamics is a mathematical tool used to calculate the change in a thermodynamic state function. It is used to determine the total heat transfer or work done in a thermodynamic process.

2. How is the integral used in thermodynamics?

The integral is used in thermodynamics to calculate the area under a curve on a thermodynamic diagram, which represents the change in a state function. This allows us to determine the total heat transfer or work done in a process.

3. What is the difference between a definite and indefinite integral in thermodynamics?

A definite integral in thermodynamics is used to calculate the change in a state function between two specific points on a thermodynamic diagram. An indefinite integral, on the other hand, is used to calculate the total change in a state function throughout an entire process.

4. Why is the integral important in thermodynamics?

The integral is important in thermodynamics because it allows us to quantitatively analyze and understand thermodynamic processes. It helps us calculate important values such as work, heat, and changes in energy, which are crucial in understanding and improving various systems and processes.

5. How does the integral relate to the laws of thermodynamics?

The integral is closely related to the first and second laws of thermodynamics. The first law states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or converted. The integral allows us to calculate the total energy transfer in a process. The second law states that the total entropy of a closed system will always increase over time. The integral can be used to calculate the change in entropy in a thermodynamic process.