Interacting resonant level model

In summary, the conversation discusses the first approach of the interacting resonant level model (IRLM) where there is only one energy level acting as a quantum dot between the leads. The hamiltonian is presented in a form that includes fermionic operators and a delta function barrier. The poster is trying to express the hamiltonian in another basis, but has encountered difficulties with a Bogoliubov transformation. They are seeking assistance in solving this issue.
gonadas91
Hey guys this
is my first question, I am trying to solve a first approach of the interacting resonant level model (IRLM), where we suppose that there is only one energy level acting as a quantum dot between the leads. The hamiltonian is of the form

\begin{eqnarray}
H=\sum_{kL}\epsilon_{kL} c_{kL}^{\dagger}c_{kL} + \sum_{kR}\epsilon_{kR} c_{kR}^{\dagger}c_{kR} - t \sum_{kL,kR}\phi_{kL(0)}\phi_{kR(0)}^* c_{kL}^{\dagger}c_{kR} + \phi_{kL(0)}^* \phi_{kR(0)} c_{kR}^{\dagger}c_{kL}
\end{eqnarray}

where the $c_{ks}^{\dagger} , c_{ks}$ with $s=L,R$ refers to the fermionic creation/annihilation operators n the left and right lead respectively. The $ \phi_{ks} (0)$ are the eigenfunctions of the single particle hamiltonian when we have a delta function as a barrier ($\delta (x)$)at $x=0$, that is the single particle equivalent problem.\\

I would like to express the hamiltonian in another basis, where it is diagonalised and that also had fermionic operators, but I have just tried a Bogoliubov transformation for fermions and realized that I cant, because the u and v parameters become sines and cosines and in some time I get a divergence with the anticommutation relations. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Related to Interacting resonant level model

1. What is the Interacting Resonant Level Model?

The Interacting Resonant Level Model (IRLM) is a theoretical model used to study the electronic properties of disordered materials and complex systems. It describes the behavior of electrons in a disordered environment, such as a semiconductor or a metal, by taking into account the interactions between electrons and the disorder potential.

2. How does the IRLM differ from other models?

The IRLM is unique in that it considers both the effects of disorder and electron-electron interactions, whereas other models typically only consider one or the other. This makes the IRLM more suitable for studying materials with strong disorder and strong electronic correlations, such as high-temperature superconductors.

3. What are some applications of the IRLM?

The IRLM has been used to study a wide range of systems, including disordered semiconductors, quantum dots, and magnetic impurities in metals. It has also been applied in the study of transport properties, such as electrical conductivity and thermoelectricity, in these systems.

4. How does the IRLM handle disorder?

The IRLM takes into account the random potential created by the disorder in a material by modeling it as a collection of randomly-distributed impurities. These impurities scatter the electrons and create localized energy levels, known as resonances, which play a crucial role in the behavior of the system.

5. Can the IRLM be used to accurately predict experimental results?

While the IRLM provides valuable insights into the behavior of disordered systems, it is important to note that it is a simplified model and may not always accurately predict experimental results. It is often used in conjunction with more sophisticated techniques, such as numerical simulations and experimental data, to gain a better understanding of the system being studied.