B Is anything in this thread true or are these people cranks? (finding flaws in General Relativity)

This thread is supposed to be about finding flaws in General Relativity, but the way these people talk they sound like they have no real knowledge of GR. I was just curious if any of you guys could explain further.

Attachments

russ_watters

Mentor
This thread is supposed to be about finding flaws in General Relativity, but the way these people talk they sound like they have no real knowledge of GR. I was just curious if any of you guys could explain further.
I only got through the first paragraph before the mixture of conspiracy theory and crackpottery overcame me. I doubt it gets significantly better after that.

I was just curious if any of you guys could explain further.
Other than the answers "no" and "yes" to the two questions you ask in the title of this thread, there's not going to be much we can offer. We can't presume to explain why cranks are cranks.

ResearchGate has become entirely overrun with crackpots. It no longer holds any value.

In fact, there has been a recent resurgence in high precision tests looking for violations of relativity. There are several theories that predict violations at high energy in the search for a quantum theory of gravity. So it is not at all the case that no funding is given to experiments attempting to disprove relativity.