Job prospects in electronics engineering

In summary, the individual is a final year student of b.tech (electrical and electronics) at NITK, India. They are looking to pursue their masters degree in Canada or USA, with a focus on fields with good job prospects in these countries. They have experience in robotics, signal processing, and AI and are considering fields such as AI, VLSI, signal processing, communication networks, photonics, nanotech, and system control. They acknowledge the lack of VLSI jobs in the USA and are seeking guidance on which field would be most suitable for their long-term goals.
chiraggolu
I am a final year student of b.tech (electrical and electronics) at NITK,india. I want to pursue my masters degree in Canada or USA (preferably Canada) with a long term intention of settling down in said countries. I have mainly done projects in the field of robotics,signal processing and AI with sound theoretical . i just wanted to know which of the following fields of courses would be more suitable?

MS in:
1. AI
2. VLSI
3. SIGNAL PROCESSING
4. COMMUNICATION NETWORKS
5. PHOTONICS
6. NANOTECH
7. system control

Obviosly i m looking for a field with good job prospects in those countries. anything related to electrical domain will do.
P.S: I know i shouldn't have asked such an immature question but lack of jobs for VLSI grads in USA has frightened me a bit.

Cheers

Physics news on Phys.org
chiraggolu said:
I am a final year student of b.tech (electrical and electronics) at NITK,india. I want to pursue my masters degree in Canada or USA (preferably Canada) with a long term intention of settling down in said countries. I have mainly done projects in the field of robotics,signal processing and AI with sound theoretical . i just wanted to know which of the following fields of courses would be more suitable?

MS in:
1. AI
2. VLSI
3. SIGNAL PROCESSING
4. COMMUNICATION NETWORKS
5. PHOTONICS
6. NANOTECH
7. system control

Obviosly i m looking for a field with good job prospects in those countries. anything related to electrical domain will do.
P.S: I know i shouldn't have asked such an immature question but lack of jobs for VLSI grads in USA has frightened me a bit.

Cheers

I would study the field you feel most passionate about and you feel you can do best. You're far better off being a top-shelf engineer in any field than being a mediocre engineer in a hot field.

Yeah, the lack of VLSI jobs in the USA is troubling. Sign of the times.

1. What industries can I work in with a degree in electronics engineering?

Electronics engineering graduates have a wide range of job opportunities in various industries such as telecommunications, aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, medical technology, and renewable energy.

2. What skills do I need to have to be successful in electronics engineering?

Some important skills for electronics engineers include knowledge of circuit design and analysis, programming languages, problem-solving abilities, and strong communication skills. Additionally, having a good understanding of mathematics and physics is crucial.

3. How is the job market for electronics engineering currently?

The job market for electronics engineering is projected to grow in the coming years, with a predicted 5% increase in job opportunities from 2019 to 2029. This growth is due to the increasing demand for new technologies and advancements in the field.

4. Are there any specific certifications or licenses required for electronics engineering jobs?

Depending on the specific job role and industry, some employers may require certain certifications or licenses for electronics engineering positions. These may include the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, Professional Engineering (PE) license, or specific industry certifications.

5. How can I improve my job prospects in electronics engineering?

To improve your job prospects in electronics engineering, it is important to stay updated on the latest technologies and advancements in the field. Networking with professionals in the industry, gaining practical experience through internships or research projects, and obtaining relevant certifications can also make you a more competitive candidate for job opportunities.