1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Job prospects in electronics engineering

1. Aug 29, 2012 #1
    I am a final year student of b.tech (electrical and electronics) at NITK,india. I want to pursue my masters degree in Canada or USA (preferably Canada) with a long term intention of settling down in said countries. I have mainly done projects in the field of robotics,signal processing and AI with sound theoretical . i just wanted to know which of the following fields of courses would be more suitable?

MS in:
    1. AI
    2. VLSI
    3. SIGNAL PROCESSING
    4. COMMUNICATION NETWORKS
    5. PHOTONICS
    6. NANOTECH
    7. system control

Obviosly i m looking for a field with good job prospects in those countries. anything related to electrical domain will do.
    P.S: I know i shouldnt have asked such an immature question but lack of jobs for VLSI grads in USA has frightened me a bit.

Cheers

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2012 #2
    I would study the field you feel most passionate about and you feel you can do best. You're far better off being a top-shelf engineer in any field than being a mediocre engineer in a hot field.

Yeah, the lack of VLSI jobs in the USA is troubling. Sign of the times.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook